Chapter-2

Chapter-2-"Kiss. My. Ass!"

Layla Alberto's POV

"It's just one drug scandal! No one will even remember it after a few days! They will find something new and move on to that!" I am frustrated with all the anger and pity everyone is showing towards me. I look at down at the phone in my hand. The Duke's Daughter and the Drug Scandal. I read the title again and roll my eyes. My chest tightens at the mention of my father though. Papa hasn't spoken to me yet.

"One drug scandal? Do you even hear yourself?!" Max nearly yells and I just sit there in the middle of my bed. Mama is looking at us both. He is standing in the middle of the room as he is pacing.

"Do you hear yourself? You can't send me to him!" Like I am ever going to learn anything from HIM! Fuck! Don't think about him! Don't think about him! "Papa is never going to agree to this!" I scoff that Ma thought Papa is going to send me to him. Sure I got myself into this scandal, but I did not mean to do drugs! I know how Papa feels about it! I would ever hurt him like that! This is all because of Chris!

"You are going and that's final! You will be working for him starting Monday." Max says and I am about to open my mouth when he continues. "You will be living at Grandma's House. Jack will drop you off with your car. No driver, no credit card and you can take all the things you like." He finishes. By the time he is done, my mouth is hanging open. Is he for real?!

"Max, Sweetie-" Mama is about to protest for me, but he stops her.

"No Mom. You know this needs to be done. It's either now or never." He sighs as he looks at me. He knows I am upset. Max never behaved this way with me. I look down at my hands. He comes and sits beside me. My bed dips. "Layl. You know we would always protect you no matter what, but you need to know how the world works."

I look down at my hand. He puts his hand over my shoulder.

"I am not asking you to do this for me or for the family. I am making you do this for yourself. Just a few months hard work." He speaks calmly and I can hear the love in his voice. "We have protected you so much, but there is only so much we can protect you from. You need to know whom to trust and whom to not." He explains.

"I will do it." I have to. He is right. I have to do it for myself. So that people like Chris do not take advantage of me.

"Girl, I don't know. I seriously don't know how to manage all this, but I have to learn." I speak to my best friend, Jenna, through the speaker phone as I put my clothes on the hanger and hang them in this... tiny closet. Urgh! I love this house... but it needs to have a closet!

"Babe, you are going to be okay. I will come to help you tomorrow." She offers.

"No. Mama already helped me. Max was here too. They both just left." They both helped me all day to set this place together. It's almost eight and I have to get some food. They wanted to stay with me till dinner, but I pushed them out of the house. If I am going to do it, might as well do it.

Max took all the credit cards and I am only left with one car. My porshe. All of my other cars are at the mansion. I bought all of my dresses and bags. Now they won't fit in the second room of the house. The house is too small to keep all my things. Mom warned me about it. Once I am done trying to fit everything in the closet, I fall back on my bed with my phone to my ear as I sigh.

"I can't believe I am doing something like this." I roll the trendily of my hair around my finger as I speak with her.

"Girl, don't pressure yourself. You are going to rock it! If he gives you trouble, call me. I will be right outside with a bat and I WILL smash his car!" Jenna tries to boost me. But I know with just one word from me, she would stand outside, chewing her gum in her torn shorts with a bat over her shoulder ready to smash his car.