Chapter-7

Chapter-7

Layla Alberto's POV

It's been one week. One whole week since the break up news of Ben and Miranda has spread the news. One week of hell for me. Ellie was right when she said we are going to have a hard time. I don't know about her, but this past week he has put me through so much.

Layla! I want this presentation prepared right now!

Layla! Taste my coffee and make sure it's sweet enough!

Layla! Come pick me up from the bar, I am drunk!

Layla! Help me button up the shirt I have to finish reviewing this contract!

He has been using this break up to his advantage.

Ugh! Layla! Layla! Layla! I hate my name!!!

He is flirting so badly with me. I couldn't even say anything since now I have committed myself to this internship. Max has promised that he will get Papa to talk to me if I take this seriously. I can't stop Ben too even as I am trying. I can't stop him with the excuse of him having a girlfriend.

Oh! The headline news!!

Max and Miranda are everywhere on the news. The pictures of them kissing has blown up the internet. I want to say I kind of feel bad for Ben since he got cheated on, but I don't. I have met Miranda last night. She. Is. A. Delight! I didn't know she is a fan of me. She was extra excited to meet me, but not excited to meet my brother. I definitely sensed a chemistry there, but they are not together yet.

I asked Max about it and he said they are not together. Like I am going to believe that, Max! You have it bad with Miranda!

The only thing that has put a smile on my face this week is Ronny. He hasn't stopped sending flowers which makes Ben so angry, but he can't do anything about it. Though the flowers have stopped coming in since last two days.

"Bitch! Answer that damn phone!" Jenna's voice knocks me out of my thoughts. She has come over last night. We got drank and danced last night. Of course at my house. I cannot afford going to a club right now. I blew through my four thousand dollar and I have only one thousand dollars in my bank account. I moan as I turn over pushing her leg off mine. Moving my hair out of the face, I answer it.

"Hello." Anyone can tell I am hung over.

"Good morning to you too." Ben's happy voice greets me and I want to whine and throw the phone. His voice certainly does wake me up. I grunt. "Layla, come to my house by 9 O'clock. I have a meeting to attend and we have to work on the details."

"But it's Sunday." My excuse almost comes out like a whine.

"So? I expect you by 9 at my house." I am about to respond and he cuts the call.

Well one thing hasn't changed since this past week and that is he is still an asshole. I fall back on the bed.

"What does he want?" Jenna asks.

"How do you know it's him?"

"You grunted and you face looks like you want to punch someone."

"He wants me to come over by 9."

"Oh. What's the time now?" She asks. I look at the phone

"It's 8:30." I am about to close my eyes when I open them wide and I sit up awake. "It's 8:30!"

"Girl! My head!" Jenna turns over and pulls the blanket over her head.

I get out of the bed and brush quickly before getting ready. I throw on a light blue bodycon dress that looks formal and brush my hair. Taking my laptop I get in the car and start driving to his house. This is the first time I am going to his house. He has messaged me the address.