Chapter 3 [visit]

QUICK A/N BEFORE THE CHAPTER STARTS! I'm sorry for not getting these chapters out very fast, I'll try my best to get at least one chapter every 2-3 weeks!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

TW: mentions of su1cide, self deprecating speech, alcohol/substance abuse, harmful speech (I know it's a lot)

Hajime/3rd person POV
{Friday, 8:37 pm}

As Hajime walked home he felt like Kokichi disliked him even more for the truth he was given, but also like he was relieved to have the truth, and a bit of a sense of closure. Hajime opened the door only to have it slammed back in his face, causing him to curse from the pain "ouch... son of a bitch.." he muttered, the door opened back up and Hajime was greeted with a slightly startled Izuru, Hajime was puzzled as to what made Izuru look so... scared? Izuru had a slight shake to his voice "dad.. drank too much again..." Hajime's eyes widened slightly then his mouth formed into a frown.

"WHERE THE FUCK DID YOU GO?!" A voice yelled angrily, making them jump, both of them sighed with sorrow in almost perfect unison while, Hajime quickly pulled Izuru out of the house and shut the door quietly "are you okay, Izuru?" Hajime asked, concerned for his older brother.

"Yeah, I'm fine.. you don't need to worry about me, Hajime," he paused a bit and smiled slightly "because I, Izuru Hinata, am the strongest big brother ever!" Izuru exclaimed quietly, putting his hands on his hips confidently, Hajime smiled and giggled a bit but quickly covered his mouth in attempts to stay as silent as possible. Izuru looked down a bit "I'm sorry you've had to deal with this at such a young age, it's truly sick of our parents in my personal opinion." Hearing this made Hajime smile slightly with tears in his eyes

"yeah... I agree, and-.. thank you, Izuru" Hajime sniffled and hugged Izuru "maybe it's safe to go inside now, I haven't heard dad for awhile now." Hajime muttered, opening the front door slowly and walking in, Hajime looked side to side to see his dad passed out on the floor, sighing, he waved his brother in "he's passed out.. I hope he didn't hit his head too hard.." Hajime said, partly to himself.

"Why do you care about him still? Do you remember how he acted when you told him you were not a girl, but a boy?" Izuru said in his regular monotone voice "I... do remember that. But, I want to try and be forgiving." Hajime answered, gaining a sigh from his older brother

"speaking of forgiving, weren't you going to visit Komaedas parents and apologize for whatever reason?" Izuru reminded. Shit, I can't believe I forgot! "Oh, yeah! I was just about to go" Hajime exclaimed, jogging out the door "I'll see you later if you aren't sleeping!"

Hajime ran down the street because he wanted to get there asap, he finally made it, kneeling down, Hajime started to say sorry to the tombstones lying in front of him.. "I'm sorry I didn't treat your son how I should've..." Hajime sniffled "I didn't want him to jump, I promise.." Hajime noticed that there were tears streaming down his face and wiped them away quickly, but soon gave up and let the tears fall "I'm sorry I didn't bring any flowers this time for you all..." He muttered under his breath.

"They can't hear you yknow" Hajime jumped at the sudden sound and quickly turned around "Woah, woah! Calm down, I'm just a relative of Kirami. I'm Jinnie, Nagito's aunt... I would say it's nice to meet you but, these aren't the best conditions to meet someone new.." Jinnie explained

"I'm sorry for your loss..." Hajime mumbled, not being able to even look at her "I'm sorry of the disturbance I caused to your family.. well, one of your family members.." Hajime felt an awful guilt cloaking his back, he could hear a confused hum from the lady standing behind him.

"What are you talking about, kid? My sister and her husband died years ago on a plane so you had nothing to do with that... and well. My nephew..." Hajime heard her voice crack as she mentioned Nagito, making him feel pain in his heart but yet still heard her continue "My nephew committed suicide... so, I don't see how you'd have anything to do with my family's state of health..." Jinny said in a teary voice, to this, Hajime couldn't find the words to answer her "What are you doing by my family's graves anyways?" Jinny asked, Hajime answered soon after,

"Well... I..-" Hajime paused, "There-there's a lot of people who call me a killer because... they know I caused Nagito to... do what he did..." Hajime stated, sobbing, remembering that night, Hajime looked behind him after awhile of not hearing Jinny, her face was filled with shock and despair. "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to hurt him, or you..." Hajime sobbed quietly, trying to hold them back. Jinny walked beside Hajime and fell onto her knees.

"I don't believe you.. I don't believe such a kind boy such as yourself could harm anyone..." Jinny explained in a quiet shaky tone, she turned her head towards Hajime "Hey.. I think I know you, Hinata, right?" Jinny asked.

"Yeah, that's me..." He answered, looking back at Jinny, she seemed hesitant but eventually she spoke,

"Nagito loved you very much," She paused, wiping tears from her cheeks "everyday when he came home, he just talked and talked about you..," she looked at the ground and chuckled softly, it had a slight drop of sadness mixed into it "I don't think anything you could've said would possibly make him so sad that..-that he would... kill himself..." Jinny explained with tears falling to the ground "anyways... I just came here to pay respects to my family then I'll be off.." and so, Jinny placed a bouquet of Tsubaki flowers and said a quick prayer then, got up slowly, and left with a small wave to Hajime.

Hajime turned back to Nagito's parents graves and said a small prayer to pay respects, then got up and went to Nagito's grave. Hajime sat in front of the grave and read the name written on it. [Nagito Komaeda] Hajime started sobbing, this time he couldn't control it.. "I'm sorry, Nagito I didn't mean to leave... I was so stupid, I'm truly sorry I should've stayed up there with you..." Hajime whispered under his breath. Overwhelmed with sadness and an urge to hug his late boyfriend, Hajime moved closer to the tombstone and hugged it, crying even more, accidentally falling asleep beside the tombstone.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hello! That's the end of this chapter I hope you enjoyed, I know it's shorter than the other two but oh well maybe the next chapter will be longer!

1153 words