Chapter 16 {Influence of the devil}

(Tw: harsh language and threats)
[Nagito's POV]

I walked through the halls of Hopes Peak, I was going to meet up with Hajime Hinata, my boyfriend, I love him very much and can't imagine how life would be without him anymore. That sounds so cheesy... jeez he's making me such a hopeless romantic.

"Hajime!" I called out across the courtyard as I lightly jogged over to Hajime who was talking with... Enoshima-san? It was a strange sight to see but I didn't pay much attention to it.

"Hello, Nagito." Hajime replied with a sweet little smile. I saw him glare at Enoshima before grabbing my hand and walking away from her with me. I was trying to not make it my business but I was really curious now. "What was that about, I-if you don't mind me asking... I know it isn't my place an-" "I'm going to stop you right there, clove. You are not trash or useless or whatever you were about to say... I love you for you."

I stayed silent for a moment as we walked, stunned by Hajime's sudden kind words. I wasn't too surprised since he does it all the time, I really don't deserve someone as hopeful as him... "so... am I allowed to know what you and Enoshima-san were talking about?" I questioned once again, Hajime simply nodded and began to speak.

"She was just saying she would try to make us both miserable and whatever. She said that she would make you get super depressed and frustrated with me. It's fine though, I won't let her hurt you." Hajime explained the situation to me with a gentle tone that had a tinge of irritation. I smiled and chuckled under my breath. "I couldn't ever get frustrated with you unless you were directly rude or hurtful to me. If she try's texting me through your phone, I won't believe it unless I can see you typing it." Hajime smiled and opened the door to his house.

"Yeah... I don't think she'll be able to do anything." Hajime reassured me before calling out to his older brother and saying that I was here. I heard footsteps and eventually saw the expressionless man pop out from the corner and wave at me. "Hey, Zuru!"

"Hello Hajime. How was school?" Izuru spoke softly and began walking down the stairs and into the kitchen. He put his long hair up into a low bun and began washing his hands. "It was okay, same old boring stuff... you don't have to cook every time I bring Nagito over, Zu." Izuru nods and says he enjoys cooking for us. Hajime looks at me with a somber smile. "You okay, clove? You're not speaking much." I nodded and smiled which I don't think he bought because he immediately hugged me and kissed my cheek.

"Cute..." Izuru was watching us like a fan looking at their favourite ship interacting from a piece of media. Hajime had slightly red cheeks, blushing from embarrassment. He playfully scowled at his older brother then walked over and started to scoot him to the side, starting to cut the vegetables that Izuru was just cutting. I chuckled at the small interaction then walked over to the marble top counter where the other two were.

[Junko's POV]

Me and Hajime were having a sweet little conversation while he was waiting for his bitch of a boyfriend. "I'm going to ruin you and your little twink, I will make you suffer for testing me like this. I'll make you feel so much despair that you can taste it. I will make Komaeda hate you so much that it causes you despair!" I jabbed at Hajime with a sneer. He responded by rolling his eyes.

"I don't give a shit what you have to say. Komaeda wouldn't hate me." He had a smug but irritated look across his face, I could tell that I got under his skin, even if it was only a little. Step one, complete. I felt a devilish grin grow on my face but it faded as I heard a mind numbing voice, Komaeda Nagito. I crossed my arms and scowled as I watched them.

-2 hours later-
[Shirogane Tsumugi's house]

"Muuuugi~! I want to stab someone!" I slammed the door, feeling totally pooped about Hajime's attitude. Tsumugi walked up to me. "Oh, uh... and you want help from plain old me?" Tsumugi smiled with a somber look. I nodded and grabbed her wrist, pulling her to her living room. "I want to break those fags up. They're stupid and ugly, their hope combines and makes an unbelievably annoying hope! I hate it! Kill them for me, Mugi..." I complained about the horrible travesty that was happening and Tsumugi pat my head gently as I grumbled.

"I'm afraid that's illegal, Junko. Uh... Oh-! I could cosplay as one of them and make them grow apart from each other!" Tsumugi gave a great idea which made a light bulb flick in my head. "Great idea! Wait... you have those coz-poks or whatever."
"Ah, that was a lie I told Akamatsu-san so that she wouldn't ever tell Saihara-kun that I'm suspicious if I were to do anything incriminating while dressed up as someone else~"

I smirked evilly and chuckled. "Puhuhu... this will be perfect."

-40 minutes later-
[3rd person pov]

Tsumugi walked out of the washroom, looking exactly like Hajime. It was uncanny how exact she looked, she even sounded like him. It was perfect for Junko's plan, Tsumugi would pretend to be Hajime and treat Nagito awfully, maybe even abusive. "Oh wow~! You sure do look like him! Even your... assets." Junko looked at Tsumugi's chest and chuckled. "Anyways! Time to ruin his life! Here's Hajime's phone, don't ask why or how I have it." Junko handed Tsumugi the phone and told her to call Nagito and ask to hang out at his house.

[Nagito's POV]

Hajime called my phone which was odd since I just got home from his place, I guess he just couldn't wait to talk to me again. I picked up the phone and greeted him. "Hello there, Haj. Was there anything you need...? I'm a bit confused about this since I was just there..." I chuckle
"Uh yea. I just missed you, I wanted to ask if I could come over to your house... uh-... babe...?"
"Babe? That's new also... if you really just want to get away from your mom, you can be honest. Love you, I'll see you in a bit." I hung up and sighed to myself. I thought about how he talked and felt a bit suspicious and why did he say babe? That's definitely weird. I decided to discard the feeling and just wait patiently for Hajime.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hiiii! Uh- yeah backstory flashback chapter! The next chapter will also be a flashback chapter to sorta build up the story a bit.

1156 words