Chapter 6 {Hello..?}

TW: Implied su1cide, talk about su1cide.
Izuru/3rd person POV
[Thursday 4:00 am]

Izuru had woken up to the sound of tears. Who's they were was a mystery, so he went to investigate as Izuru walked down the hall upstairs, the crying got louder soon making it obvious where the sorrow was coming from. Hajime's room.

Izuru gently pushed the door open to see his brother curled up in a corner, sobbing like someone had just killed his puppy "Hajime. What's wrong?" Izuru asked monotonously. Hajime jumped a bit at the sudden voice near his door, Izuru could see Hajime desperately wiping his tears away, he started speaking with a sniffle...

"I-... had a-..a flashback... of that n-night.." Hajime continued to sob quietly. Izuru walked closer to Hajime and knelt beside him before he held his arms out for a hug. Hajime flopped into Izuru's arms lazily "I don't know what to do anymore Izuru... I-...I'm never going to see him again..." Hajime sobbed louder, hugging his older brother back "It's okay, Hajime. I apologize for not being a good comforter. But some things we just can't control just as Komaeda couldn't control his depressive thoughts, you couldn't control the actions he made that night."

There was a short silence after Izuru's words. "But you don't understand... I could've prevented it." Hajime said as calmly as possible. "Enlighten me then, how could you have stopped him?" Izuru asked in slight disbelief. "If I didn't leave the rooftop... he only jumped when I left..." Hajime's voice cracked a bit

Another silence fell over the two Izuru was at a loss for words, not knowing what to say or do. Izuru hugged Hajime closer, hesitating before speaking "I'm sorry."

"You don't have to say that.." Hajime yawned "I'm going to try and sleep again."

"Would you like me to stay here with you in case you have more bad memories?" Izuru inquired. Hajime shook his head in response so Izuru stopped hugging his brother and got up, he stopped at the door "if you need anything come get me." Izuru left and walked into his room this has been getting to him worse and worse everyday. He better not do anything stupid... Izuru zoned out thinking about Hajime's current state of mind. He then sighed and got a book to read silently.

-
[friday 6:58am]

The fresh morning sun was greeted by little chirps of  mejiro and bush warblers but all beautiful things must come to an end soon, Izuru was brought back to reality by the yelling downstairs. He sighed and got out of bed as he walked to the washroom he zoned in on the yelling downstairs. It wasn't his parents fighting. Izuru walked downstairs with haste how annoying. Izuru stepped between the two people fighting. "Father, I suggest you leave him alone. He has enough to deal with." Izuru said, unamused. His dad stormed off with a huff.

"I can deal with dad myself.. you don't always have to stop him for me," Hajime hesitated. "But.. thanks..." Izuru nodded in response "I'm aware that dad isn't as bad as mom but I'm still going to help you, Hajime." Izuru sighed softly, placing a hand on his brothers head "I just want you to be safe. You're my brother and I care for you." Izuru flashed a tired smile at his brother earning a small smile back Hajime hugged Izuru.

"I'm sorry I make you have to deal with mom and dad for me" Hajime sobbed quietly "I'm just a waste of time, I'm sorry Zuzu..."

"Zuzu?" He paused with a slight smile "you haven't called me that in forever, not since you were just a child." Izuru hugged Hajime tighter "and.. you aren't a waste of time." Hajime sniffled and let go of Izuru he smiled and said he was going to go to sleep 'odd. The day just started. Probably taking a nap.' Izuru put his shoes on and went for a walk, admiring the cherry blossoms that had freshly bloomed and were being gently cradled by the soft cool breeze. Most things were boring but Izuru always had a fascinating interest in the earth and how the environment adapts and thrives

Izuru felt someone bump into him from behind he sighed and turned around to see one of his brothers friends. "Oh, hello Hajime's brother. Wanna play a game with me? How's Hajime? Can you ask him to answer his phone, I'm getting worried." This girl seemed persistent on knowing about how Hajime is.

"Why do you seem so worried? Do you know something I don't about Hajime?" Izuru asked in his regular tone Chiaki just shrugged and started walking beside Izuru "you can just walk to my house with me and check on him, I'm sure he'd like some company other than mine and his parents." Izuru stated

"What do you mean, has Hajime been lying to me? He said that your parents were amazing and kind..." Chiaki sounded discouraged and sad. "That couldn't be further from the truth, could it..?" She asked in a saddened tone.

"You'd be right that he's been lying. Ours parents are cruel to him. To make it worse, they practically idolize me, Hajime used to feel like I never loved him because of those two awful people." Izuru scoffed with a tinge of anger in his voice "apologies for the anger you heard in my voice." Izuru apologized as he opened the door to his house, letting both of them in, Chiaki hurried up to Hajime's room Izuru walked into his own room and picked a book to read for awhile. Before Izuru knew it it was already dark out something zoned him out of his book, a knock. "What is it? Come in." Izuru said as his door started to peek open

"Hey Kamakura could I sleep over? Hajime isn't feeling the greatest..." Chiaki looked down at the floor "mentally.. he said some things to me that are worrying me." She finished

"yes you can stay but, please tell me what he said." Izuru replied putting his book down beside him and sitting up more.

She hummed seeming to find where to start "well, he said that he would do anything to see Komaeda again and he sounded like he was hinting at-... well." She paused and gestured a fist around her neck then lifting the fist in the air a bit. She cleared her throat. Izurus eyes widened for a second and he got up with haste and went to Hajime's room he opened the door and walked beside Hajime who was sitting on the floor.

"Thinking about killing yourself again?" Izuru said he sat down beside his younger brother but he just looked away with a guilty look on his face "I don't ever want to have another scare like that Hajime. Promise me you won't try again, don't try to deny that you're having suicidal thoughts because Nanami already told me what's going on," Izuru ruffled Hajime's hair and brought him into a tight hug "also, Nanami is allowed to sleepover." Izuru gave Hajime a kiss on the forehead and got up

"awe, that's sweet." Chiaki said softly Izuru just walked out not responding to her "your brother seems nice I always thought he was rude." Izuru heard as he walked out he shook his head and sighed as he got his book and continued to read.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hello! Sorry for the late update I'm extremely sick possibly Covid so my story ideas haven't been running through my brain smoothly. On the plus side I figured out how many chapters I'm going to make lmk if you want to know how many I'm making! Until next time, Adiós!

1297 words