Chapter 4 {memories}

Hajime/3rd person POV
{Saturday, 9:57 am}

Hajime woke up to a stick being poked at him, he groaned in discomfort as he waved the stick away "Thank god he isn't dead!" Someone exclaimed Hajime looked around then jumped up a bit, confused of where he was he then calmed down realizing he fell asleep in the cemetery "what're you doing sleeping in a cemetery? Did you take anything?" Hajime looked up at the man in front of him with an annoyed look

"No, I'm not high... I just fell asleep here by accident, nothing more, nothing less..." Hajime mumbled, getting up and walking away

I wonder if anyone even noticed I was still gone... Hajime thought to himself as he walked back home. Finally making it home, Hajime walked into his house "Hey, sorry I was gone all night, I accidentally fell asleep..." Hajime said, hoping for an answer back. Nothing, Hajime sighed and took his shoes off then went over to the couch and flopped down onto it lazily.

Hajime was bored and had nothing to do, so he decided to look through his old pictures and videos, he scrolled, and scrolled, then scrolled some more, but soon stopped when he found a certain cluster of pictures... him and Nagito, Hajime clicked on the first picture in the grouping of photos, it was at a camping trip, Nagito was making a s'more but seemed to be caught off guard from the sudden picture by his face in the photo.

Hajime remembered the trip very well, it was him, Nagito, Chiaki, Sonia, and Shuichi, it was peaceful. Hajime continued mindlessly scrolling through the lost memories with Nagito. Hajime felt his cheeks moisten, he was crying.

Regardless, he kept slowly scrolling until he came up to a pitch black video. Huh? What's this? Hajime clicked on the video only to hear a familiar voice, the voice was soft but also raspy with a tinge of breathlessness, Nagito's voice... "Hey Hajime! I know you probably won't find this video but I just wanted to ask if you... uh," there was a pause. "If you maybe wanted to get promise rings... I don't know, I was thinking a bunch and I just thought 'yeah, I wanna marry you!' Sorry, this is stupid." a slight breathy laugh was all Hajime could hear before complete silence.

Hajime didn't even realize until the video ended that he was sobbing quietly "Men don't cry, Hajime." A cold voice called from behind him, in response Hajime quickly turned his head back while wiping tears away from his face

"Sorry dad... I-...I was just... upset" Hajime said, trying to stifle back his sobs and tears, his dad crossed his arms with a stern look across his face "I said I'm sorry. Please don't get me in trouble... I said sorry, it won't happen again!" Hajime pleaded with his dad but he just got an eye roll

"Being a cry baby isn't the only thing you're getting in trouble for. You also tried to run away. You're grounded for a whole year, be lucky it isn't 3 years." Hajime's dad spat out those words with daggers. run away? I haven't tried to... yet. Hajime looked down and nodded "what were you even crying about?! There's nothing to be sobbing like a baby over." Hajime stayed silent not wanting to speak in fear of tears slipping away and falling down his face. "Well? Are you going to answer?" Hajime looked back up at his dad slightly.

"I was just looking at nice memories that I can't ever make again..." Hajime muttered, loudly enough for his dad to hear, Hajime quickly locked his phone than gave it to his dad "there. I'm going to my room now." Hajime got up from the couch as he walked he could feel his dads harsh stares digging into his back. Hajime went into his room and locked the door. What do I do now? Usually I just play on my phone... I mean, I could read.. Hajime thought to himself while he looked at his bookshelf, he hummed in thought as he searched for an interesting book to read but then gave up after only finding books he's over-read. Hajime flopped on his bed in defeat falling into a soft slumber.

[??? Sunday]

"Im sorry... I never meant for it to be this way." A distant voice sobbed "Hello..? Can you hear me..?" The voice was Hajime's, I missed him but it's impossible to be with him now. I thought of trying to call out to him but soon gave up on the idea I aimlessly walked around the blank abyss hoping that maybe he would see me but then, his body fell to the ground... leaving me again. He woke up.

...

[Hajimes/3rd person POV]
[Sunday 4:38am]

Hajime woke up being weirded out from his dream. What kind of dream was that... Hajime thought to himself I think... I saw Nagito... at this thought Hajime started to sob quietly. He wanted to see Nagito again and hug him super tight but it was no longer possible...

Hajime tried to go back to sleep, after around an hour, Hajimes eyelids grew heavy and he drifted off into a dream again.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sorry about this short chapter- I sorta wrote myself into a corner and I can't think of what to write next without it sounding repetitive.

904 words