Chapter 11 {cousin}

Hajime's POV
(TW: Explicit language)
[7:40 am, Monday]

'Stupid, stupid, stupid! Why didn't I just stay with him?' I sighed as I got out of bed and got ready for the day, slipping on my regular uniform 'I hate going to school...' I thought, as I walked downstairs I was greeted by Izuru, as usual, and a plate of food. I didn't really feel hungry so I just walked right out the front door after putting my shoes on and giving a quick goodbye to my older brother.

As I got to my bus stop I saw someone else standing there. 'That's odd... I thought I was the only one at this bus stop.' As I walked closer I noticed some of their features. They had... white fluffy hair. 'Nagito has the same hair, had.' I walked beside the random person to wait for the bus, hoping the white haired person didn't start talking to me. My thoughts were denied as a soft, familiar voice spoke up. Familiar, hmm, where have I heard that voice? I didn't even realize that the person was still trying to talk to me but I was soon dragged out of my thoughts.

"Hello..?" The voice beside me said with the 'o' dragged on for longer. A hand was being waved in my face "is anyone in there?" The voice called again, I turned my head towards the person. "Uh, hi?" I responded. "Oh hello! I was just trying to introduce myself, the names Aki Komaeda-" "What?" I interrupted. Aki cleared her throat and spoke again. "Aki Komaeda's the name, you deaf or something?" She repeated, I shook my head in response and just stayed silent

"k, why'd you cut me off?" Her voice had a tinge of annoyance in it "hey, you gonna respond?" Aki crossed her arms and slightly grumbled. She kept tapping my shoulder. 'Jeez when is the bus going to be here?' I sighed quietly and stepped slightly away from the white haired girl. "You're rude." She paused abruptly as if she realized something mind blowing. She then grabbed my shoulders and turned me to face her, she analyzed my features.

With a slight gasp, she spoke again "you're... Hajime Hinata, aren't you?" Her brows furrowed slightly, waiting for the answer. I nodded and as if on cue, the bus arrived at our stop and I quickly walked on the bus, ignoring her dumbfounded and shocked expression. The bus doors started closing as she quickly ran on the bus.

I felt eyes watching me, staring into my soul but not how it usually feels. 'Was it Ouma-kun? Or maybe that girl? Ah, what was her name again? Aoi? Or no, it was something like aio, right?' My thoughts were cut off by someone on the bus yelling "Omg Aki! That's awful, how could he?! That boy is a monster!" A random girl shouted in an annoying voice. Soon after I heard the voice, the bus came to a stop and I got off. As I was walking to class I saw Aki come up beside me.

"Hello. You never answered me... you're Hinata, right? My cousins boyfriend?" Aki was scarily persistent. 'Wait, cousin? Nagito never mentioned a cousin named Aki.' I thought to myself as I looked at the girl with a shocked expression. "What? You look like you just saw a ghost." Aki said.

"Sorry... I just didn't know you were his cousin. Also yes, you're right, I am Hajime Hinata." I awkwardly waved, curious as to why she wanted to know. Suddenly she stopped in her tracks I turned around and saw her face. It was a face of agony, rage and sorrow all mixed into one. I walked up to her and asked if she was okay, the response wasn't what I was hoping for.

Aki slapped me across the face and yelled in my face "You stupid fucking murderer! How could you kill my cousin you absolutely piece of shit! When you nodded at the bus stop, I considered the fact that maybe you didn't hear me but nodded anyways." Aki walked away with tears in her eyes and her fists balled up.

"Ouch, that must've hurt." A voice said from behind which made me jump. "Ouma-kun, don't sneak up on me like that.." I responded, a little bummed for the rest of the day. "You sound so boring Hinata-chan. So, was that your little girlfriend?" He smirked and raised his eyebrows up and down. I shook my head and continued walking to class, Ouma following at my side.

[9:38 am]

'Omg I hate this class' I thought as my head started to bob up and down and my eyes threatening to shut for a few hours. I propped my head up on one of my palms and without realizing, drifted off into a small nap.

[1:40]

I woke up to someone shaking me awake. "Wakey, wakey sleepy head!" Ouma yelled in my ear. I smacked his face away in response "don't yell in my ear you ass." I said, partly joking. I sat up and sighed deeply "what're you even doing in this classroom?" I asked the annoying boy next to me. "Well, school is over so I won't get yelled at for being here." Ouma answer in a tone that told me I'm an absolute idiot. I looked at the time.

[3:15]

I quickly got up and began to run out of the school "shit shit shit shit shit!" I muttered to myself as a ran to the bus, Ouma following close behind. Both of us got on the bus in time, I sighed from relief. "Why'd you seem so panicked earlier?" Ouma let out a giggle "you were like totally horrified!" Ouma laughed a little more before having my hand smacked over his mouth. "I don't want to talk about it."

The bus stopped and I hurried off and ran home quickly. I sighed as I opened the door and walked inside. "I'm home Izuru!" I took off my shoes and hung my bag up along with my jacket then I flopped down onto the couch.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hello! It's been awhile but I'm finally getting my writing groove back! Updates might be further apart now, sorry for the inconvenience!

1051 words.