Chapter 12 {Past}

AN: sorry for not posting in a while I'm having some mental and personal issues right now so it might be awhile to post a good chapter or a chapter at all]
- - - -

[TW: Mentions of ed, bullying, and sh]

[5:00 pm]
Hajime's POV

I sighed as I stared at the floor for the second hour I'd been laying on the couch. 'Where's Izuru? He should be back by now.' I thought to myself as I finally sat up on the couch. I yawned then got off of the couch, where is everyone? "Dad, Mom, Izuru?" I called out with no response.

'hm, strange' I started to walk around the house in search of the others. I walked into the kitchen and froze. I saw something- no... someone who I thought I'd never see again. "Nagito..?" I asked in a shocked but hushed tone. He was looking in the pantry but then slowly turned his head to reveal his soothing eyes that I never thought I'd see again.

"Oh. Hello Hajime." Nagito said with a slight coldness to his tone as if he wasn't expecting me to be there. He shut the pantry and walked towards me until he was close to me. He smiled and placed his hand on my cheek lovingly. Tears started to form in my eyes, I was so happy to see him I didn't even care how I'm just glad he's here. I hold Nagito close as if I'm never going to let go again and he returns the gesture.

"I'm so happy you're alive." I sobbed a bit, relieved to be holding the one I love again. His body warm and full of life rather than the sickly cold feeling of his body on that one night.
...
.....

"Wait..."
"Hm, what is it Hajime?"
"How..?"
"How what?"
"How are you alive?"

...

.....

"Oh, I'm not."
...
"W-what? But you're standing right here." More tears started forming in my eyes but this time
they were tears of sadness rather than happiness. "Nagito..? Please explain what's going on..." I muttered. Nagito smiled slightly as his body slowly began to crack and peel until he was no longer there.
...
....
......

I jolted awake at the sudden shock only to realize that seeing Nagito was simply a dream. I caught my breath and looked down. "You okay Haj?" A voice asked next to me. I turned my head up and my eyes were met with two ruby eyes filled with worry. I shook my head and hugged Izuru tightly as a few tears slipped out of my eyes.

"I..." a sniffle interrupted my sentence. "I miss him...." I muttered softly as I let out a soft sob. Izuru hugged me closer and told me that it's going to be okay. Liar. I stopped hugging Izuru and so did he, I just stared at him with slight irritation... "What's wrong, Haj?" Izuru questioned.... No response. Just uncomfortable silence. I got up from the couch and went to my room without another word to my brother. I slid my back down my door and sat with my hands around my knees.

-Izuru's POV-

I sat on the couch being completely confused. 'Did I say something wrong to him? Probably, I mean I'm not good at comforting people.' I thought as I sighed to myself. "What're you doing awake sweetie? You need some rest." A voice spoke to me, I turned my head to see my mother.

"Hello mother. I was just unable to sleep and was making sure that Hajime was okay." I partly lied but it was probably undetected from the monotone sound of my voice. My mother walked over to me and placed a hand on my face, looking at me with a motherly and caring look.

"Honey, I've told you many times... there's no need to worry about that useless stupid girl," She sighed before she continued. "Also... you've been confused by her again. Her name isn't Hajime sweetie... you know her name, start using it.." she spoke genuinely but all that came out was a dark malice filled of hatred, my face grew the same malice at her disgusting words. I slapped her hand away harshly and walked to the stairs.

"And I've told you many times. He is a male and you're going to accept that fact." I spat out and walked up the stairs. 'idiot.' I scoffed as I closed the door to my room. I sat on my bed and pondered the conversation me and Hajime had, trying to think of what irritated him.

-Hajime's/third person POV-

Hajime wiped tears from his eyes and stood up, walking towards his window. 'Hopefully this won't be too loud...' he thought as he lifted the window open and carefully climbed out. 'Hm, not too shabby.' Hajime sighed with relief before jumping down onto the ground and running past his house.

"That felt too easy..." Hajime muttered to himself, now slowing to a walking pace he stepped into a flower store and picked up some Lily flowers and made his way to the graveyard.

-??? POV-

I watched as he walked in, carrying flowers and walking right past who I thought he would be heading towards. I slowly walked up to the brunette boy, sitting beside him, and spoke. "Hello... you must be Hinata-kun." I noticed him flinch a bit before looking at me and saying hello as well as confirming my statement to be true.

"My name is Kirigiri Kyoko. I was close with the Komaeda family... you may have seen my sister here. Well... one of my sisters. My other sister is lying right in front of you." I introduced myself and explained my reasoning for being here. My words seemed to startle the boy sitting beside me.

"You're another one of Nagito's aunts?" He sounded a bit worried as if I was plotting a murder. I stayed unsuspicious for now and nodded. I glanced at the flowers in his hand. "Who are those for?" I gestured at the flowers he still hadn't placed down. He looked down with an expression that almost looked... guilty..? Hm, this was strange but I decided not to pry.

"They're for Nagito..." he spoke up softly still gazing at the ground.

-Hajime's POV-

I looked at the ground trying to avoid the same conversation I had with Jinnie. I was about to get up to walk to Nagito's grave when Kirigiri's voice started another conversation. "Thank you..." Huh? She thanked me, but why? I just looked at her dumbfounded humming in confusion. She sighed and further explained.

"Nagito lived with me and my husband, with Jinnie coming over to visit him quite often... and.. when he didn't know you, he wasn't in the best state of mind. He refused to eat, came home with a new bruise everyday, and eventually stopped talking to me and Makoto... Makoto is his uncle by the way. We both started to worry about Nagito and..."

she paused and let out a shaky sigh. "One day I walked in on him in his room with cuts all over him and.... So much blood..." She turned her head towards me and gave me a weak and saddened smile. "But you helped him."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hope you enjoy this chapter even though it's incredibly late! I apologize! I'll try to finish the next chapter sooner.

1225 words