Chapter 9 {Happy birthday Hajime!!}

Hajime's POV
[9:00am]

I have no clue where I am because well, lets just say I didn't get woken up in the nicest way... I know it was Chiaki and Sonia that woke me up but was the blindfold really necessary?! All I could see was darkness. Until I heard someone whisper next to me "ready..?" Another person most likely nodded because next thing I knew I could see a room filled with colour "SURPRISE!!" All of my classmates jumped out from hiding spots, I looked around the room with a happily surprised confusion.

"Woah, you guys did this for me? Thank you!" I tried to hide the tears that were swelling up in my eyes but I didn't succeed which gave me a un needed remark from Saiyonji. I walked into the class fully. Nevermind and Nanami hugged me from behind, both wishing me a happy birthday, with a smile, I thanked them.

"We all have presents! Here, sit!" Yukizome pulled a chair out from a desk and I sat down, people started swarming around me with gifts.

"open mine first Hinata-kun!" Nanami suggested, honestly, I was most curious of what she got me so, I followed her suggestion and opened her gift first, it was an old drawing that looked like it was drawn by a child, it took me a minute to realize what it was but when I realized, tears started falling down my cheeks.

"Nanami-san... how did you? Oh my goodness, thank you!" I hugged Nanami and she hugged me back.

"Well, I found it on the ground when you told me to come to the building when Komaeda uh, y'know.., it was ripped up pretty bad... so, I fixed it up and thought it'd be a good gift!" Chiaki beamed as she pat me on the back softly I wiped my tears and the others gave their gifts to me, some good, some... worse. But all together, it was a good day, and I had fun!

It was later, just after school and Yukizome walked up to me with a sympathetic smile "hey there Hinata-san, sorry I didn't give you my gift earlier... I just didn't want any dirty looks from the others," she sighed "Komaeda-kun told me to give you this if-... or... when... he dies. I thought it would be best as a birthday gift." She handed me a box that was wrapped up in dusty orange wrapping paper.

"Thank you Yukizome-sensei." I gave her a small smile and opened the box, a small gasp leaving my mouth. I didn't even realize I was crying until Yukizome handed me a tissue. I wiped my eyes with the palm of my hand and continued looking at the green jacket that layed in the box, Nagito's jacket. "Th-this was his favourite jacket.." I sniffled and set the box down on a desk. I turned and hugged Yukizome, she slightly hesitated but soon returned the hug.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Happy birthday Hajime! And happy new year everyone!! :)
I'm aware this chapter is very short and I apologize but I just didn't want to drag it out because I still wanted it to fit with the storyline, I hope you enjoyed this chapter regardless!

542 words