Chapter 8 {sleepover pt. 2}

Hajime/3rd person POV
[4:57am]

Hajime woke up to the sound of a video game with a controller in his hand "look who finally woke up! We're totally beating you in this round" Hajime looked over to see Chiaki smirking a bit.

"Hm..?" Hajime looked up at the screen and he immediately realized he was still playing the game so he quickly grabbed his controller with both hands and tried to beat the other two "Nevermind-san looks like she's 2 seconds from passing out, why aren't you ganging up on her?" Hajime fake pouted.

"She gets a free pass of not being ganged up on because you're my best friend and it's my job as your bestie to brutally beat you in video games!" Chiaki explained as the screen shouted 'GAME' Chiaki chuckled and looked over at Hajime "see?" She let out a happy sigh and looked at the time. "It's almost time to get ready for school." she said calmly. Chiaki gently tapped her sleeping girlfriends shoulder, she woke up slowly with a hum.

"Oh.. damn it, are we done playing?" She asked in a slightly whiney tone Chiaki and Hajime simply nodded making Sonia sigh.

Hajime/3rd person pov
[9:00am]

Mrs Yukizome walked in with the usual ear-to-ear smile on her face, she was in front of all of us when she started to speak "Hello class! I have exciting news that I'm sure you'll all love!" Yukizome sounded very enthusiastic about what she had to say. "So, since you rotten oranges have been especially rotten towards Hinata-san-" the whole class except for Sonia, Chiaki and Hajime cut her off with a huge groan. Yukizome slammed some papers on her desk, earning silence from the room. "I wont have any of you being difficult. I've said this many times already, Hinata-san had nothing to do with Komaeda-kuns unfortunate death, before all of these nasty rumours started, you'd all love this idea."

"Then why did Mahiru catch his sorry ass with PICTURE PROOF?!" Hiyoko argued, Yukizome sighed as she rubbed her temples in frustration. "Those photos actually helped prove his innocence. Now, let me finish without further disruptions." She stayed silent for a bit and looked across the room. "Good, now, I've decided- oh shoot wait! Hinata-san, could you exit the room for a moment please?" Yukizome asked, Hajime simply nodded and exited the room. "I've decided that since its almost new years were going to throw him a party and hopefully you can all forgive him as a present! Or just get him something he likes as a gift!"

"What's so special about new years Yukizome-sensei? I mean, its just another dumb ass holiday." Fuyuhiko rolled his eyes "Its also Hinata-kuns birthday, numbskull." Sonia answered. "I don't give a shit about that guys birthday!"
"You two used to be friends before the awful rumor went around. It's awful that you don't remember that."

"Class. Be quiet." Yukizome continued. Hajime tried to listen to the rest of what they were saying but the class was too quiet to hear so he decided to walk around the school for a bit, he wasn't even sure of where he was going, with his feet leading his way he ended up at the courtyard, under a tree. Hajime sat down in the shade.

"Hello there Hajime!" A familiar voice called "oh, hey Nagito. Decided to take a break from class?" The brunette questioned, Nagito nodded, sitting next to Hajime and flopping his head onto His shoulder, they both smiled warmly at each other and sat there peacefully together. Until Nagito broke the silence "Hinata-kun?"

"Heyyyy? Hinata-kun, wake up, schools over!" Chiaki was crouching in front of Hajime shaking him by his shoulders, he groaned as he slowly opened his eyes "I'm up... you woke me from a really relaxing dream yknow..." Hajime complained sleepily. "Well I'm not going to try and carry you so you can keep dreaming, tell me about the dream when we get back to your house! I'll go get Sonia!" Chiaki exclaimed as she skipped away happily.

"Go fish! Again.." Chiaki sighed "oh, sorry, are we boring you with our game playing skills miss Ultimate Gamer?" Hajime asked in a sarcastic tone Chiaki chuckled a bit "sorry, I just sorta wanted to play something else..."

"Ooo! I have a fantastic game idea! Lets play two truths one lie!" Sonia suggested enthusiastically, the others agreed and they started playing the game "I shall start since I suggested it! Hmmm..," she paused to think. "Ah, I have a sibling, I love Japanese culture, andddd I've been on a train!"

"Number one is a lie" both of the others said in unison, they looked at each other and giggled

"Oh, that is correct! Who goes next now? Shall we do rock, paper, scissors?" Sonia asked, earning a nod from Chiaki and Hajime. Chiaki won and it was her turn now. "Uhh, lets see... I have a cat, I dislike Sonia's mom and I think of Kamakura-kun as a friend." Chiaki finished

"Number three is the lie, right?" Hinata asked "No, no! It's two, Chiaki adores my mother, as do I!" Sonia corrected and smiled "ah, but I do not wish for you to not have a turn so I suppose I'll give my turn to you!" She pointed at Hajime "oh, okay, Thank you. Uh-... hm-" Hajime got cut off.

"Hey wait! I have two things to say! One, where are your mom and dad? I haven't seen them since I got here and *also* when are you going to tell me about that dream you were having under the tree?" Chiaki asked, in all honesty, Hajime completely forgot about the dream and for his parents, they just didn't like being around when his friends were over. "Oh, my parents are probably in their room since they hate it when I have friends over and I could tell you about the dream now if you'd lik-" "Yes!" Chiaki interrupted for the second time, making Hajime sigh.

"I'll tell you if you quit interrupting me." Hajime said with annoyance

"Oh, sorry, thats my bad haha." Chiaki apologized

"The dream started with me sitting under the same tree but, I was awake. After awhile of sitting there Nagito came up to me and sat down beside me... we just sat there, enjoying each others silence, then I got woken up." Hajime gave Chiaki a fake dirty look, making her laugh a little.

"Oh I'm so sorry I woke you from dreaming about your boyfriend.." Chiakis sentence started out as sarcastic but grew into sadness. "Uh- sorry, lets change the topic! You can continue your turn or Sonia, you could suggest another game!" Chiaki smiled a bit, trying to lighten the mood, it worked.

After hours of playing games all three of them decided to go to sleep for the night because tomorrow was going to be exciting.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Woah, really early chapter, what a surprise! Also, next chapter might be short because it's going to be a birthday special for the birthday boy, Hajime! Well, not his birthday yet but in 2 days- anyways! Happy early birthday to Hajime!

1209 words