Chapter 19 - Lost and found

"do not trust anyone"

CRAMMING MY HEAD INTO MY HANDS I RUB THE GROWING dark circles cupping my eyes

CRAMMING MY HEAD INTO MY HANDS I RUB THE GROWING dark circles cupping my eyes. I had spent the last long and wasted four hours searching through the 'World Name Book of Magical Mankind"

"Albrecht... Albrecht... Albrecht..." 

I was sick of that name, it was the only word that existed in my mind taking over my imagination and isolating me from any purpose apart from him.

I slam the book shut and march out of the common room onto the dark cold corridors of the dungeons.

It must be around two in the morning but I didn't care, I needed fresh air.

My feet led me to the edge of the black lake where I sat resting my back against an ancient oak tree towering over the courtyard and looking up at the dark sky above me.

Suddenly breaking my trance I hear the sound of a stick snap.

"Who goes there?" I abruptly shout quickly grabbing my wand and positioning it in front of me, guarding me from any danger

Soft footsteps slowly start to creep up behind me and I shove my wand under the nose of whoever

"LUMOS" I scream exposing the identity of the stalker. I freeze. It surely can not be.

"Are you mad, what in merlins name did you think you were doing. I was about to kill you" I argue hiding my intrigue.

"I highly doubt that" He taunted rolling his eyes

"You think I am incapable" I sneered stepping closer to him and jabbing my wand forcefully into his chest.

"I never said that" He defends, with the same passive tone in his voice

"However you intended it." I scowl, as a pit of forbidden and only too familiar flames slowly grow inside of me "Do not mess with me Albrecht."

"I never intended to frighten you, I promise." Albrecht reassures with a newly fond tone, yet not moving and inch and still holding eye contact.

"Well you didn't, since I wasn't scared, only weary" I huff turning away from him and repositioning myself on the soft grass. Shortly after I feel him sit next to me, just close enough to smell the strong scent of his expensive cologne and minty breath in the tasteless air surrounding us.

"How come you are even out this late" I question, softening my voice slightly glancing at him

"I could ask you the same thing" He taunts with a familiar smirk plastered on his face. I pause and study everything about him.

"Who are you." I whisper 

"Now Harriett, how have you already forgotten me" He says holding eye contact, his flaming eyes looking deep into my soul and searching through various memories.