Chapter 4 - Flying Lessons

"No sword bites so fiercely as an evil tongue"

IT HAD BEEN A LONG FEW DAYS BUT IT WAS finally the lesson I was looking most forward to, Flying Class

Father had bought us the new Nimbus 2000 after Draco and I pleaded him for them which thankfully didn't take much persuasion and even though first years aren't allowed their own brooms in school ground out father was not going to allow us to fly on the old brittle brooms the school owned, calling them a safety hazard, therefore ending up in Professor Dumblefore into letting Theo, Draco and I into using our own brooms in lessons.

Daphne and most of the other Slytherin girls had decided to sit this lesson out because of their parents and the Pureblood Rules.

A tall a muscular woman with strong yellow eyes came dashing through the archway and bellowed "Well what are doing just standing there?! Go get a broom from the pile!"

Theo, Draco and I called our brooms and everyone gaped when they saw them. We all just sent each other knowing smirks and then focused back on Madam Hooch.

Even though I learnt everything she was saying when I was only eight, I still tried to make an effort because I wanted to be on her good side since I really wanted to make the Slytherin Quidditch team as soon as I am able to.

"Right then children, stick your dominant hand over the broom and shout UP" Madam Hooch ordered.

Confidently, I reach my hand over my broom and it automatically goes flying into my hand.

All the students stare at me in awe

"What?" I say

"10 points to Slytherin" Madam hooch says proudly acknowledging my talent.

"Thank you" I say smiling at her.

Annoyingly Potter was also able to call him broom up fairly quickly which caused a bit of attention

"UP" Weasley shouted for the fortieth time, yet this time the broom came flying up wacking him in his face causing everyone started laughing. You could definitely tell Draco was particularly enthused by this.

"Now, please mount your brooms and hover above the ground" Madam Hooch calls

Every one seems able to get the general just of this, except one particular boy.

Longbottom slowly got higher and higher, obviously he had never been on a broom before and was panicking which was not helping him nor his situation whatsoever.

I couldn't help myself but burst out laughing.

"Mr Longbottom, Mr Longbottom come down here this instant." Madam Hooch bellowed

Before anyone knew what was happening Longbottom tumbled off of his broom and was hanging from a statue 30 feet in the air with only a mere thread of string from his cloak that was hooked onto the statues stone corpse saving him from the fall, suddenly the cloak gave way and he went flying down yet again, this time hanging onto a large metal pole and then finally the hard rock floor bellow. 

I stayed where I was with my fellow slytherin housemates and laughed to myself as the rest of the class went running over to Longbottom behind Madam Hooch.

She studied his body for injuries before addressing the class "None of you are to move while I take this boy to the hospital wing! You leave those brooms where they are or you'll be out of Hogwarts before you can say 'Quidditch.'"

Only a few second after Madam Hooch had left for the Hospital Wing a shiny object sat peacefully on the ground

"Look Draco, see what I've found" I said tossing Longbottoms remembrall over to Draco.

Catching it swiftly he admired it and joked "Did you see is face! Maybe if the fat lump had given this a squeeze, he'd have remembered to fall on his fat arse." 

"Give it hear Malfoy" Harry snapped

"No ❤️" Replied Draco "I think i'll leave it for somewhere Longbottom to find" he sneared "How about the roof." He began to mount his broom still throwing the ball about effortlessly in his hand.

 Protectively stepped in and said "Draco don't you dare, did you not hear what Madam Hooch said."

"It will be fine" He winked

I roll my eyes "Whatever, but if you get expelled do not come back running to me."

Not wasting another second Draco goes flying up high into the air and in the corner of my eye I see Harry climb onto his broom as well obviously with the intentions of chasing Draco down.

"Harry, no way! You heard what Madam Hooch said, besides you don't even know how to fly" Granger demanded standing in front of him much like I did with my twin brother.

But Potter just ignored Granger and kicked off following Draco up into the sky.

"What an idiot."

After Potter had stabled himself upon his broom he pathetically argued "Give it hear Malfoy or I'll knock you off your broom"

"Is that so?" Draco challenged "Have it your way then" and to everyone's surprise threw the ball far into the air and quickly making his way back down to the ground before any teacher could have caught him. 

Potter dived for the ball that was heading straight for a window and managed to catch the ever so special object one handed.

He was welcomed back to the ground like a soldier returning from war, to which all of us scowled at. He literally caught a ball?

Then, out of nowhere Professor McGonagall came strutting onto the field and cried out "Potter! My office now!"

Theo and I grinned at each other knowing he was done for this time.

---------------------

I walk in the hall in a ripe and cheering mood knowing that Potter has finally got into some sort of trouble.

But when I enter the hall for my breakfast that I predicted would be the best one yet, I see the painfully annoying sight of Potter sat at the Gryffindor table smiling.

It was safe to say my day was ruined.

Ron smugly stood up and turned to me and said "That right, Harry got into the Gryffindor Quidditch team."

"What" I said sending daggers towards the whole lot of them.

"This is ridiculous! My father will hear about this" I declare storming off over to the Slytherin table taking Blaise's newly toaster croissant off of his plate and angrily biting into it.

"Huh?!"