Chapter 20 - Horror and Heartbreak

"sh*t happens"

THE FIRST THING I FELT WAS AN AGONISING SENSATION IN my head and whenever I attempted to sit up my whole body froze over in pain 

My eyelids feel weighed shut whilst a light glowed through them in a reddish-yellow and my arms sunk into soft sheets which helped reassure me that I was not still curled up in the cold air outside.

I carelessly rubbed my eyes and groggily looked around what I believed to be the schools med centre.

The shuffle of footsteps bring warm fingers that press my forehead lightly. "Ah Ms Malfoy, you're awake" said a soft voice coming from the side of my bed.

"Ow that hurts" I snap swatting away her arm

"Ms Malfoy I am here to help you, not pain you" Madam Pomfrey huffed

"Do you know where Draco is?" I say ignoring Madam Pomfrey 

"I certainly do, He is asleep on that bed over there." She points to a small boy peacefully curled up on a bed next to mine, and then continues to complain "He has been here for three days solid. He refuses to leave you and does his work on this bedside table."

"Draco" I try my best to call to him but all that comes out is a raspy sounding noise, yet it gets the job done

"eh whats happened" He murmurs unaware and falls back asleep for a couple of seconds until he shoots up and gives Madam Pomfrey a shock "HARRIE"

He bounds over and raps his arms around me and squeezes me tight.

"Draco your hurting me. Badly." I remark

"Draco Malfoy your sister will likely be in great pain, please control yourself" Madam Pomfrey orders whilst getting up and leaving us to it

"Oh Harrie I am so glad your awake, I was so worried" Draco says quietly

"I couldn't tell" I roll my eyes playfully

"What happened?" He asked "They never told me anything"

My face drops.

"I saw Tom" I begin "I was out besides the black lake late at night because I was researching about the boy I asked you about..." 

I told him everything about last night in great detail. I stayed emotionless throughout since I still didn't quite know how to feel anything other than pain. 

_________________

13 years ago..

"My Lord, with all due respect I do not agree with your plans" Lucius said weakly

Narcissia rolled her eyes and barged her husband to the side and stepped in "I refuse to let you do this to my children and I will not stand for it, Not you, Not him, Not anyone"

Voldermort shifted his glare to the shielding mother "Did you just.. refuse my wishes Narcissia."

"Now Narcissia be reasonable" Lucius pressed

"No I will absolutely not" She said staying firm, enraged tears building in her eyes "This will ruin their lives forever"

"But it will better mine" Voldermort scoffed "Move her out of my way immediately"

Redundantly Lucius pulled a helpless Narcissia "NO YOU CANT DO THIS"

Tom sends her a stern look; "They will be greatly rewarded for their sacrifice" and pushed open the twins bedroom

The two infants lay peacefully in their individual cots as Tom grazed his knuckles over the girls forehead, suddenley he felt a rush of dark power over him.

They were strong, so strong that they would both live to become more powerful than him; or anyone for that matter.

"You two will become my most valuable, my chosen heirs."

He stepped back and conjugated a spell; a spell that would cause destruction, build a lava storm and toxic pain with the encouragement of anger inside off the two vulnerable newborns

A bright flash took over everyone's visions and the two children were left with a open wound on both their foreheads, careless wails were heard everywhere and Narcissia fled to her two children in agonising love.

_________________

"I remember all to well" Draco said looking up "I'm so sorry you had to go through that"

"Yeah well there is no point crying over the past" I sighed "You go Draco, you have wasted enough time worrying about me"

"You haven't seen mother yet" He smiled "But no I am not leaving you until I know you are perfectly okay"

I rolled my eyes at the stubborn boy but gave him a loose hug due to the pain.

A/N - Hope this gives you a bit of context??