Chapter 11 - Tryouts and Howlers

"fake it till you make it"

Lessons had just finished and Theo, Draco, Blaise, Astrid, Daphne and I are all sat on the dark leather sofas around the warm fire in the common room when suddenly I hear loud footsteps, almost stomping, I quickly turn my head to were the noise wa...

Lessons had just finished and Theo, Draco, Blaise, Astrid, Daphne and I are all sat on the dark leather sofas around the warm fire in the common room when suddenly I hear loud footsteps, almost stomping, I quickly turn my head to were the noise was coming from. It was Marcus. Merlin forbid he is having another tantrum.

He was pinning something onto the dark green board next to the desks.

"One second guys" I say as I curiously got up and went over to him, "What are you pinning up Marcus?"

"It's the quidditch try out times" He replies

"What, really?"

"You heard me right Harrie, you should try out I reckon you'd get in" He encouraged

"I don't reckon, I know I'll get in" I say confidently to which he playfully rolls his eyes and nods in agreement

I smile to myself and walk back over to the group

"What was that all about?" Draco questioned as soon as I sat back down

"It's the quidditch try out times" I say trying to hold myself back from jumping around the room screaming with excitement

"Quidditch!" Draco and Theo say at the same time jumping up from their seats, equally as happy as me

"I know right!"

It was the day of the try outs and if i'm being honest I was a little nervous; although I wasn't going to tell anyone that

I finished brushing my platinum hair and tied it into a neat high-ponytail and strolled down the hard stone stairs into the common room were I saw Theo, Draco and Daphne patiently waiting for me.

"Where is Blaise and Astrid?" I question

"They went to early breakfast to get prep done that's due first lesson" Daphne giggled

We all head over to the great hall for breakfast and sat down at the Slytherin table

"You okay Harrie? You've been really quite all morning." Daphne asks me from across the table 

I was about to reply but the sound of owls fill the hall before I get the chance, like most mail days I get a letter from mother and a single chocolate frog, they are and have always been my favourite.

I quickly pet Nyra and gave her a treat before returning to my toast.

Suddenly I hear a shout from the Gryffindor table.

'What in the world could that be?' I thought to myself standing up to get a better view

"Look everyone, Weasleys got himself a howler!" Seamus Finnigan said

Draco and I just grinned at each other, this was going to be a sight and I wasn't gonna miss for the world.

Ron just stared at it with fear, not wanting to open it one bit.

"Go on Ron, I ignored one from my gran once. It was horrible" Neville says

Finally Ron plucks up the courage and opens the letter

"RONALD WEASLEY, HOW DARE YOU STEAL THAT CAR! I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED. YOUR FATHER IS NOW FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK AND IT IS ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT. IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT HOME"

Then it turned away from a petrified Ron and looked at Ginny.

"Oh and Ginny dear congratulations on making Gryffindor, your father and I are so proud" If I'm being honest Ginny looked like she want the ground to swallow her up because of the embarrassment.

I was finding this all quite amusing.

The Howler let out one last loud noise and ripped itself to pieces in front of a traumatised Ron.

We couldn't help ourselves and the whole of the Slytherin table burst into laughter.

After an eventful day Draco, Theo and I head over the quidditch stadium accompanied by Blaise, Daphne, Astrid and Draco's ompalompas.

Blaise has never really been fond of quidditch or flying at all for that matter. And well Daphne and Astrid are both in pureblood family's, and well you know why they are not trying out. I don't really know why Crabbe and Goyle aren't trying out though, I personally think they would make great beaters.

We finally reach the pitch and are greeted by the whole of the Slytherin team while the rest of the group head up to the stands to watch

"There will be no messing around, follow my orders and whatever you do, don't fall of your broom because i'm not taking you to madam promfrey until this is over."

We all nod

"Right, get on your brooms. I want 10 laps of the pitch. Try and keep up with me"

I mount my broom and quickly speed off. I am just behind Marcus but in front of everyone else.

As soon as we land Marcus says "Look boys, what the hell was that?! Harrie, a second year, can beat your seventh years arses; GO FASTER! We will be doing a drill. Keepers, you will try to block the chasers shots at the goals. Well go on then!"

I give him as small smirk as I speed off to the middle of the pitch.

Flint throws me a quaffle.

I speed towards the hoops, I do a barrel roll about the keeper and easily score

I laugh as I hear Daphne scream from the stands "THAT'S MY BEST FRIEND!!"

Everyone just stares at me with there mouths open

"That was amazing" One of the 4th year slytherins say to me

"Darling, I know"

We continue for about 3 hours before Marcus says "Right that's it for today. Results will be up tomorrow lunch time"

As soon as my feet touch the ground I almost fall because of how worn out my legs are, well that is before someone grabs my arms just in time.

"You alright there"

Adrian

"Never been better" I shrug his arm off

"You were amazing by the way"

"Thank you, but I really must go. Draco is waiting for me"

"Oh that's fine, uh I'll see you later"

"No you won't" I reply before running (actually it was more of a hobble) over to Draco.

"What did Pucey want and just be careful you don't catch a disease from him some day" Draco asks keeping his distance from me

"Your so true, I need to shower as soon as possible"