Chapter 1 - Diagonally

A/N - If you are re-reading this book or coming back, I have changed Ivy's name to Harriet, sorry if this makes thing confusing i just didn't like the name Ivy xoxo

"pureblood"

ON A WARM SUMMERS MORNING TWO PARTICULAR MALFOYS WERE IMPATIENTLY waiting for there father to come back from work with the mail

ON A WARM SUMMERS MORNING TWO PARTICULAR MALFOYS WERE IMPATIENTLY waiting for there father to come back from work with the mail. They had waited eleven years for this letter to arrive and they were not prepared to wait another moment longer.

"Come on darlings, you must have some breakfast. You have been sat there waiting for over an hour now." Mother calls out from the dinning room table.

Reluctantly, Draco and I stood up from the arm chairs that had been perfectly placed in the front room either side of the grand windows that could be found all over the manor and we continued into the dinning room.

As soon as we sat down at the dinner table the house elf's finished up bringing out all the breakfast arrangements. There was one huge plate sat in the middle of the table that had a large pile of freshly make pancakes flawlessly drizzled with honey and two single bowls either side containing a large array of fruit for the each of us.

Just as I am about to begin my breakfast I hear the sound of the front door open and my head snaps towards the entrance of the manor and a tall, manly figure walks through the grand hallway with his long platinum hair swaying powerfully making his presence known.

Draco and I quickly sit up right, fixing our posture and then look our father straight in the eye, "Father do you have our letters" I ask on the edge of my seat

"Would you let me sit down before you bombard me with your unnecessary questions. But yes I happen to do" He snaps while throwing his cloak at Dobby completely suffocating him in the process.

He sits down on the cold wooden chair placed at the head of the table after handing Draco and I each a letter. It was a beautiful coffee colour and had a dark red wax stamp on the back with the crest everyone in the wizarding world could recognise. I open the letter and it reads,

HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY

Dear Miss Malfoy,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on the  1st of September. We await your owl by no later than the 31st of July.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall

Excitedly I look up from the parchment in my hand and ask "Mother, may we go to diagonally today?"