Chapter 1: High School Mornings

"Kit, It's time to go to school." I called as I opened my daughters bedroom door. She groaned, I knew she wouldn't want to get up, It's the 2nd month of her 9th grade school year, but she's gotta be used to the morning time by now.

Kit's POV

I am dreading going to school by now. I can't let the smear happen again or else those girls will make fun of me even more.
I got up and when to my desk which had a mirror placed in front of it.
I looked at my grey skin and sighed. "What am I gonna do.."
Grabbing my foundation that I had bought a few months back, I squeezed some out on my hand and dabbed a make up brush into it and started painting a new skin color on my face and neck. Although the sharp teeth and black lips I had we're no help at all during this process, Not to mention the fact that I had horns that had to make me wear a hat to school.
I don't see how Sara can do it, She's a business woman and she goes around with her grey skin all the time. How come she's so beautiful and I'm not? What's wrong with me!

I got in the car with my dad and sat in the back seat, My brother Mark got in the shotgun seat and he turned around and looked at me. "Kit, I really wish you would embrace your skin and your horns."
"Says you" I shouted "You only had to get through high school with a beanie on your head. I don't want to have grey skin"
"Kit!" My dad shouted, Getting a bit angered. Then his face flushed back to normal. "Honey, Listen, You're a Vantas, You should be proud of who you ar-"
"Mark runs around wearing a beanie, How do you call that being proud"
My brother interrupted me and said "You want me to take it off and show every one, I will." My brother took off his purple and red beanie and sat it in the middle console of the car.
The rest of the car ride was silent, No one talked the entire time. Was Mark really that mad about this? What does he know that I don't.