Chapter 17: Bury Me Until I Confess

3rd Person POV

The day was a typical, funeral day. Rain, Darkness, and at the crack of dawn. Of course, this was for Sarah Finiece Vantas, Who had died of blunt force trauma to the skull and slow blood loss. Her family was in heartbreak, Anger, and sadness.

Karkat, The father. Did not get sleep for the past week because of the nightmares every night, the tears getting to him.
The morning, He stood out of bed and rubbed his eyes. He looked at his wife that was resting beside him, she was crying the night before, she didn't sleep very much either.

Karkats POV

I glanced at my wife who was resting in bed next to me. I stood up out of the brown bedsheets and walked around to the other side of the king sized bed we owned then kissed her head sweetly. I knew how she felt about.. Losing our baby girl..

~~~~~~~~

"Come on daddy! You're too slow!" Sarah laughed at me. We were in a 3 legged race against some of my best friends, John and Roxy.
"Hey, I wasn't the one that ate 5 doughnuts this morning" I laughed and Sarah grabbed my hand and tugged me along the autumn leaves with her short leg and her arm strength.
"You should've" she smiled her precious smile that her mother had given her.
In the midst of being amazed by my daughters beauty, We both some how tumbled over a tree stump, Causing her and I to fall over in a burst of laughter. Not to mention losing the contest against Egghead and Roxy.
I wrapped my arms around my 4 year old daughter and she kissed my cheek.
"You're silly daddy."
"No, You're silly Sarah"
"Objection!" She chuckled as a goddess appeared behind her and lifted her up, That goddess being my lovely wife, ________.
"Oh look now, You got leaves all over you" _______ laughed softly and I smirked at her as I held out my hand, Suggesting for help up. Once she took it, She had crumbles of leaves in her short hair from the impact of hitting the ground after I had tugged her down.
"Oh look now," I mimicked her, "You have leaves all over you." She smiled at me and kissed me with her gentle lips. For 3 seconds, it felt like a lifetime that I wanted to live over and over again.
"Daddy that's gross" Sarah giggled at me, and I looked at her and raised an eye brow, "You kidding? That was your mother"
"Hush you." My wife kissed my cheek and untied Sarah and I apart from each other as Roxy and John walked up to us.
"Another point for team Egbert." John laughed and I smiled
"Hey, You're lucky that Fin can't play, or else we'd kick your butt"
John rolled his eyes and smiled.
"She's only 3, give her a break. Look, Here she is now."
A small girl with short blonde hair and a goofy smile walked up to John and hugged his leg. I knew her as Finiece. Named after my only daughters middle name.
"What do you guys say we go get some cupcakes?" John says and ______'s eyes light up, She knows it's her favorite baker of all time.
They all load up in the car and Sarah and I stay back, deciding to wait for them to bring us back cupcakes.

I hold my daughters small hand, Walking underneath the orange oak trees on the yellow grass.
"Hey baby girl?" I look down at her and she beams up at me.
"Yes daddy?"
"Daddy loves you, So much. You know that right?"
"Yeah! And you know what, Baby girl loves you too. To Alternia and back."
I chuckled,

"To Alternia and back."

~~~~~~

I decided not to wake her up right now, Since it was only 6 and it didn't start until the next two hours.

That smile on Sarah's face flashes back to me every single time up until, What happened.. When she..

I walked up to the closet and laid out my suit I was going to wear. The rummaging in the closet woke up my wife.

Your POV

I woke up tiredly and glanced at Karkats face, He was getting ready.
"Oh, Babe, You should go back to bed, you only got 2 hours of sleep." Karkat looks at me, Worried.
"I'm alright baby." I gave him a bit of a fake smile to reassure him I didn't need that much sleep for right now "Would you like to go take a shower Karkat?"
"Sure." He says. There's no doing that there's a large very awkward silence, but we some how both find equal peace in it.