Chapter 4: New Boy

I shut the bathroom door and locked it then started washing my face. My black freckles started to resurface and my grey skin started to seep through the concealer that was sliding off of my face. My skin wasn't the beautiful shade my older sister has, she has really light grey skin while mine looks like my dads. I heard a knock on the door and said "I'm busy right now hold on."
"Kit, Open the d*mn door."
It was my dad, Oh boy. I replenished my human skin tone with foundation and unlocked the door. My dad was surprisingly, Sad looking, He didn't look upset with me but maybe with himself.
My dad pulled me in for a big hug, I returned the favor and patted his back.

My dad doesn't know it, But he's getting old. He's gone through a lot and I don't want to have to put him through much stress.. Especially not after what happened to Kate, My older sister.
When Kate was 8 years old, she had gotten cancer, Very similar to what my mom had a long time ago. She was too young for her own good and Mark and I were still only 5 and 1.
He blamed himself for years and even tried to kill himself once, but then he realized he had a family that needed him, he had a teenager named Sara and two other children that were just toddlers at that age. Mom couldn't take care of us on her own, she was too innocent and didn't have the qualities that dad had.
I never knew Kate we'll enough, Although by Sara's opinion, I hear she is a cutie pa tootie.
"Dad?" I asked him and he started crying.
"I'm sorry Kitkat.." He hugged me tighter.
"For what? You didn't do anything."
"I just wish I could've made you a form you're happy in.." He sighed and I closed my eyes. Oh dad..
"It'll be okay dad I promise."
My father held me in his arms and didn't let go for over 10 minutes.

Later that day, In homeroom, There was this new boy who was also wearing a beanie. I'll admit, He was a cutie. He had soft black hair that swept to the side and his skin was a perfect tanned shade, His eyes were as green as the deep sea. I could get lost in those eyes.
"Kiiiiit" I heard my teacher call my name and I jumped.
"Yes, I'm here." I said nervously as my voice cracked, although it normally does that, I swear I get that from my dad. I froze when the new boy turned his head to face mine, He had freckles as well.
OH MY GOD STOP LOOKING KIT WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU WEIRDO.
I quickly looked away, hoping not to get much more attention from him or anyone else.

Once the bell had rung the mysterious boy walked to me as I was gathering my things.
"Kit right?" He asked.
"Yeah what's it to you?" oh no I'm so mean, why dad, why did you give me this.
"I thought you were a neat person so I wanted to say hi. I'm Ryan."
"Okay. That's nice." I sighed as I put my backpack on.
"Thanks, My mom came up with it. Hey Kitkat, You should come meet me down by the creek after school I think it'd be fun."
"Psh, I don't even know your whole name." I rolled my eyes.
"Nitram."
"Hmph, Vantas."