Chapter 10.5

Bonus chapter! I wanted to write a little for America's POV, so if you want to skip this chapter, go ahead! You won't be missing anything for the plot (??)... I can't word that correctly. Also, this is my imagination so... I'm writing what sounds nice to me. This probably didn't happen but my creativity likes to wander.

AMERICA'S POV

I'm dashing up the stairs, trying to get to my room as quickly as I could. I keep muttering nonsensical things under my breath. I get up to the third floor, trying to keep calm. I dash to my room, slam the door, and slide down against it. Mary rushes out to me out of nowhere, and shouts,

"Paige! She's here!"

Paige comes out, a panicked expression on her face, and sighs with relief.

"There you-"

"Where's Maxon?"

I interrupt rudely.

"I think he's in his bedroom or something..."

Mary says casually. More moving? I sigh deeply and open the door separating our rooms, ignoring Mary and Paige's remarks. He is looking through his papers in his nightstand. He looks over to me and smiles, and I tumble into his arms, crying. I can sense his confusion, and he stands there, awkwardly patting my back. Some things just won't change.

"What, huh?"

He says, alarmed.

"I'm hurting Kriss. She's still recovering from the Selection."

"It's not your fault. It's mine. I chose you, and I'm happy this way."

"But.. but.."

I stutter, trying to catch my breath. I try to concentrate on his words as he lectures me about happiness and about us, but I start crying some more.