Chapter 13

I close my book and smile. I just got to the best part, and I'd like to save that for later.
"Miss, the wedding is in half an hour! (Wait it's an not a right?)"
She's right! The wedding starts at 5:30! I rush to get ready, or rather, fix my makeup and my maids fix my hair. I straighten my dress and put on my freaking heels. I wince, but I manage after a few steps. I look at myself in the mirror. This might be the last time I'm in the palace. The last time I'm wearing a royal dress.
My dress is a dark blue nightgown like dress. Unlike a nightgown, it's tight  and only flows out at the bottom, revealing my heels. There are a few flowers and waves that makes me look like a bouquet. I grab my flower crown that makes my head look like a big flower.
"You look great!"
I laugh.
"Hello?!"
I hear a voice on the other side of the door."
"Sup door, you are so interesting. I should talk to you more."
I say sarcastically as I open it.
"Marlee!"
"Told you you'll see me again. Get up, wedding's starting in a few."
I follow her fast walking, making sure to keep up with her. Which is difficult, because she's wearing a short dress that is easy for her to walk in while I'm wearing a gown. I see other girls  rushing out of their rooms, following butlers and maids. I guess I'm lucky I got Marlee. Everyone is wearing a variety of dresses; short dresses, gowns like me, even train-like dresses. The only similarity I catch is that we all have blue on our dresses in a way or another. Except for Marlee, the bridesmaid, she's an exception. Elise is wearing something from her New Asian roots. I hadn't seen Elise since she was eliminated, I just hoped she wouldn't be abused or something by her parents. She had a firm, calm look on her face. I wondered how many people are engaged now. Marlee is, because she has a beautiful ring on her left ring finger. I should probably find someone too, because I'm going to reach a breaking point and not be able to get back up.
"Stop having an intimate moment with your thoughts, Kriss."
I make a weird face at her and she returns it. Being Marlee, she pushes through everyone and everyone respects it. I follow close behind, trying to get people to know that I'm with her. "Hey Tiny!"
I found myself saying. She turns around and waves. I had to go, so I waved back and ran towards Marlee.
"Keepup!"
Her words slur together because of all the commotion. We finally arrive at the room where America and Maxon will be wed. A/n: writing Maxon is exhausting; it autocorrects to Amazon. Thanks. We're not allowed to see the bride or the groom, we just get to sit and wait.
"Wait here."
Marlee dashes off to find the next girl, while I sit down in the second row alone. The four other girls who made it before me are sitting in the front, and I'd prefer not to socialize right now.
"I know right! So cute."
"I wish I made it farther into the competition. I'm always wondering what I did wrong, even though I have a husband now."
I'm trying to see who's talking, but I can't make out the figure or the voice. All I hear is a high pitched voice and blonde hair. Next to her is an obvious Fiona, Bariel, and Anna. I'm honestly surprised that Fiona goes anywhere without Olivia.
"Elana, how did you get married so quickly?"
"Psh, there were plenty of suitors waiting for me at Hansport. It was easy!"
Elana? Doesn't ring a bell...
"Bariel, don't you have a boyfriend?"
"He's my fiancé, thank you very much."
Bariel mutters. For the first time, I feel bad for her.