Chapter 2

AN- Farah's POV for the memories from now on unless otherwise said. I'll also start putting ages and important details before the start of a new memory. Also obviously the students watching aren't going to get the narration of Farah's thoughts but they will get the visuals. I just thought the story would be more enjoyable if you guys got the insight into her thoughts.

(12 years old)
I sat in the chair in the waiting room waiting from my stupid therapist. It was now 30 minutes after my scheduled appointment time. My parents are making me see Dr. Lindsay because they think I'm making this stuff up and tell me I have to stop caring about what others may think of me. But I'm not making this up, I can't help it! I don't know how or why this is happening but I can hear and feel people's thoughts and feelings. And I think my dad believes that I'm not making it up because I felt a twinge of sympathy when I got into an argument with my mum about them making me come here. The door to Dr. Lindsay's office opened and she smiled at me and invited me in. I walked through the opened door and sat on the oh so familiar couch where I've spent my Wednesday afternoons for the past month.

"So Farah-" She started before I cut her off.

"Look, I don't want to be here and you obviously would rather be out with your friends right now." I said, voicing her thoughts, and she gave me a surprised look and then shook it off like it was a lucky guess.

"Farah," she started again, regaining her calm aura.

"Here's a note from my parents." I interrupted her again and handed her the note I'd spent hours trying to forge during school that day. "They think it'd be best if I stopped my sessions." I said standing and walking out of her office before she could reply and into the cold wintery streets of London.

Some of the students felt sympathy for their previous headmistress. Not knowing about her powers and her parents lying to her, not many could relate but Bloom knew what it felt like and she brushed a tear away that had fallen down her check and leaned into Sky, who wrapped an arm around her shoulder knowing how hard this must be for Bloom to relive in some form.

Saul had a sad smile on his face. She was always fiery and independent all the years he had known her but it was nice to see those same characteristics in the younger version of his dear friend.

-------------------------------------------------------

(16 years old)
"Oh come on Fa-Rah." A girl with bleached blonde hair said mockingly while slamming me up against my locker, while her possy of followers laughed.

"Get lost Gemma" I growled

Harvey smirked while looking over at Silva. Their old friend had certainly not changed one bit since her youth.

"Ohh someone's a little feisty today." Gemma said, trying to provoke me. "All you have to do is find the answers to Mr Jones' math exam that's taking place tomorrow."

I had had enough of her for one lifetime. I didn't know what happened, but all the thoughts and noise around me went blank. Gemma dropped to the ground grabbing her ears screaming at me to make it stop but her screams seemed so distant and I didn't know what was happening. I could see the shocked expressions on her friends' faces, some filled with horror and I could hear their whispers; 'her eyes..' 'why are they purple?'
I don't know how long this went on for but then suddenly I felt a firm hand on my shoulder and looked over to see Mrs Baker: the evil school principal.
All the noises came back and Gemma stopped shrieking and gave me a deadly glare as I was escorted away from the scene and towards the office.

Rosalind watched intrigued as well, she had never known the extent of the incident that had brought Farah to her school.

I sat waiting in the office waiting area while I watched the closed door to Mrs Baker's office where she sat chatting with my parents. A few moments later the door opened and I rose from my seat while my parents, accompanied by Mrs Baker, left the office and made their way to me. My parents wore sad and disappointed looks, while Mrs Baker wore her usually 'I hate everyone' face.
"You're expelled." Mrs Baker announced, "Pack your things."
"Ironic" I muttered under my breath and thought no one heard until I received a stern look from my mother.

I had packed up my things and got into the car where my parents were waiting. "Look Fay," my dad started to say, turning in his seat to face me, "this isn't your fault. We'll talk more when we get back home." He said giving me a small smile, and I returned one already feeling a little better, but my mood not lightening.

At home my parents had sat me down at the table where my father sat across from me. My mother busied herself in the kitchen still not having said a word to me or let alone looked at me since the principal's office. My father followed my gaze and sighed. "Amber," he called, then motioned for my mother to sit after she had looked over at him. She hesitated and looked at me still with disappointment and frustration, before taking her seat next to him at the table.
"Fay," my dad started and instantly I felt a little calmer at the sound of his voice. "When you were born we lived in this world called the 'Other World' where there was magic that fairies could control, each fairy was born with an element. But when you were born Fay it wasn't a nice place like the times when your mum and I had grown up. It was dark and dangerous. We brought you here to the First World where you'd be safe and hopefully never have to learn about magic. And I'm sorry we lied to you." He finished, his tone sincere and soothing. I wanted to learn more but I also just needed time to be alone and process. Then all of a sudden this rage filled me again with the thoughts of being lied to.
"So what you two are saying is that this is all your fault. I wish we'd never came to London!" I shouted at them giving in to the rage, "I hate you both!" Those words were sour in my mouth but I couldn't control my feelings right now. A book from a self across the room fell to the floor followed by a second and I stormed away a bit spooked.
"Farah Asheleigh Dowling!" I heard my mum call from the kitchen and the sound of her chair moving away from the table but she didn't come after me, she let me go as I stormed away to my room.

A while later my door opened and I concentrated on the view outside my bedroom window not looking over to see who had entered my room. I heard the snap of fingers and lights from the corner of my eye and my interest grew. I glanced over and saw my mum standing in the doorway and a small rainbow in the middle of my room. I stood up from my place on the window seat and walked towards the small rainbow reaching out and waving a hand through it. "How'd you do that?" I finally asked my mum, glancing over at her.
"Practice" she said simply with a small smile on her face.

AN- I got a bit bored and had this lined up for next week but thought I might give y'all the gift of an extra chapter this week.