Chapter 14

(18 years old - Last day of school year before summer pause)

It was late afternoon when Rosalind summoned me to her office. I got there and her door was opened and her assistant wasn't there - probably packing things up for the summer. I walked up the few steps and knocked lightly.

"Enter," Rosalind's chilly voice sounded from inside the office.

I entered slowly and cautiously, so far only bad news had come from the few times I'd visited her office. She didn't look up from her paperwork so I moved to stand behind the two chairs in front of her desk. After about a minute or two she set her pen down and looked up.

"You've improved tremendously Farah, and have shown... quite a bit of potential." She paused, letting it sink it. "And as I said last year, magic is a privilege. A privilege which I can no longer deny you." Rosalind rose coming around to face me, a strange circular device in her hands which I've never seen before - not even in any of my classes. She pressed it up against my wrists and the runic limiters relaxed and slid off. The scars on my wrists stung at first then the stinging slowly started to fade as I rubbed my wrists adjusting to the feeling. It felt strange, this rush of energy came coursing through my veins and a million thoughts and feelings along with it. It was all a bit overwhelming.

"Private lessons will start in the new school year. Don't make me regret this." When she finished and went back to her paperwork I took that as my cue to leave. Still a bit shocked and lightheaded, I quickly made my way to the suite.

I barged through the doors. They had all been sitting on the couches discussing summer plans as the suite had already been packed up for the summer but now all eyes turned to me. I could feel the worry and concern in Rose and it started to affect me as well. I had no words so I just held up my scared, limiter free wrists and their worry instantly turned to excitement. Estella came running at me and tackled me to the ground with a hug. Summer break was already off to a good start.

-------------------------------------------------------

AN- Don't even - I know I already feel bad for ANOTHER short chapter and I apologize.