Chapter 4

(16 years old - First Day)

I followed my mum's instructions and found my suit pretty quickly. When I opened the door it was already busy with other girls - my new suitemates - moving in. I made my way over to a room in the far corner that seemed less busy. I walked in and one side of the room was already partly set up with a few boxes still left unpacked. I set my bags down on the empty bed in the room and started unpacking a few things. I hung up the piles of clothes from my suitcase in my wardrobe and set out a few pictures and supplies on my desk which was right beside my bed. I started hanging up a few things on the wall above my bed when a girl with caramel hair, green eyes and soft, caring and welcoming features walked in.

"Hi!" She started very cheerfully which made me smile slightly. "You must be my roommate, I'm Rose." She finished, her smile warm and friendly as she extended her hand.

"Farah" I said, taking her hand, the smile on my face growing.

"Well, I've only briefly met the other girls, so let's go find them. We can unpack the rest of our stuff later. I really want to get to know them before our orientation later." Rose said as I nodded and followed her into the living space.

The winx suite girls looked over at Terra making the connection. It was obvious she was a little sad but also was glad she got to witness these memories of her mum. Stella put a comforting hand on her shoulder and Terra looked over at her giving her a small thankful smile.

When we made it to the living area the other three girls had already settled in. Rose and I joined them on the couches and of course she started the conversations.
Rose: So, I was thinking maybe we could have a little 'chat and get to know your suitemates
sesh' then after orientation we could hang out a little more and get to know each other better again.

The other girls agreed and a girl with dark freckles, wavy strawberry blonde hair and daring amber eyes started.

Estella: Umm, well hey, I'm Estella and well I'm a fire fairy. I'm at this school cause my parents suck and want me to be 'almighty and powerful', but don't worry I just wanna have a good time and make some close friends. Andddd yeah.. Not really sure what else to add for first introductions.

Estella laughed and I already knew I was going to take a quick liking to her.

Estella: Well, enough about me I'm gonna hand the mic over to my new roomie Dawson.

A girl with peach skin and grey eyes that had her golden blonde hair with light brown highlights tied back in a braid, smiled then fake cleared her throat.

Dawson: So how we doing? I'm Dawson, a very super awesome and hilarious light fairy. I'm very athletic and love my morning runs but don't talk to me before them cause I will most definitely bite your head off.

Dawson smiled and the whole room erupted into laughter.

When the laughter died down, a bit nervous, I decided to go next. I took a deep breath in and out, something I had learned from my time with Dr Lindsay.

"Hey, I'm Farah. Fun fact I didn't even know magic existed until about 4 months ago" I paused and smiled thinking of what to say next when Dawson spoke up.

Dawson: What's your element?

I had to take a second to think before answering. "Mind" I responded, but god was I ever gonna get used to this magic stuff.

A girl with amber skin, curly bleach blonde hair that had been dyed a deep sea blue and been pulled into a high pony and blue eyes as light as morning spoke up from her spot on the window seat that was up against the big bay window.

Bronte: Hey everyone, Bronte, air fairy. But jeez mind fairy that must be tough.

"Tell me about it" I replied with a grin

Rose: Well last but not least I hope

Rose joked and everyone laughed with her.

Rose: I'm Rose, earth fairy. I've got lots of connections around the school outside Alfea so if you need anything I'm your girl.

Bronte: Shit we gotta hurry or we're gonna be late for Rosalind's orientation.

Well all agreed and rushed out the suit door and down to the courtyard where the first years were already starting to gather.

I followed the girls towards the front of the crowd to get a better view. At the front of the crowd of first years stood Rosalind. And she was every bit as scary as I imagined and more. She didn't look it, she just gave off the aura of fear and authority. The people might be better here at Alfea, but I knew just from first impressions of Rosalind the glaces here were gonna be a lot worse than back home. Rosalind waited as the crowd of first years settled down then began her speech.

Rosalind: Hello and welcome to Alfea. At last the day that I'm sure you all have been eager for. But magic, especially at Alfea, is serious business and I expect you all will contain your excitement. Your classes will begin tomorrow, and I trust I will see each and everyone of you present. Half of you are only here because you are legacy admissions, I expect you to prove you are worth anything. I don't teach the unworthy, nor do I mentor. Now Alyssa will give you your tour, I've got work to do.

With that Rosalind walked away in the direction of her office and a ginger girl with a smile plastered on her face stepped in front of the crowd of restless teenagers.

We followed Alyssa through the school and I stuck with the girls from my suit, but Rose had split off to go and talk with some guy she knew, but they looked a little too friendly and I suspected there was something a little more going on there.

After the interior had been toured to its full extent we made our way outside and through a few nice passage ways, we came out to a field with a bunch of people training in combat all around.

Alyssa: And this is where the specialists train.

I saw a smirk starting to form on Dawson's face as she eyed a blonde guy fighting with a sword against another blonde while a guy with dark hair watched a bit bored from the base of the platform.

Dawson: Excuse me

Dawson said before making her way towards the platform where the blonde had been fighting. I watched as she walked off and while looking in the direction suddenly made eye contact with the guy who had been watching from the base of the platform. I looked away suddenly and put my focus back on Alyssa and the rest of the tour.

After the tour ended we all headed back to the suit - except for Dawson who was probably still flirting with that specialist - we talked and got to know each other better. I also learned that the guy from early on was Rose's boyfriend, his name is Ben. Dawson came back after dinner and we asked her how it went with the guy, apparently he had asked her out. Figures. Dawson always seemed to be the type to pull in the guys, and to play matchmaker. I decided to go and finish unpacking my stuff before pulling out a book and reading on my bed for a while. At last Rose had retired back to our room and got ready for bed. I put my book away and made my way to the bathroom to get myself ready for the night. All the girls in the suite said their goodnights and we all went to bed content with our first day, but I couldn't stop dreading the hardship of tomorrow and thinking about that guy from the specialist training area.

-------------------------------------------------------

AN- Here's the extra part I promised you this week!

Yes, Rose as in Terra's mom.

And also it's never been said what element Rosalind was born with and in my opinion it's air. So that's what we're going with for the story.