Chapter 7

(16 years old - Just before Christmas pause)

It was about 4 am by now, it was freezing cold, my lungs felt like they'd freeze over and stop working any moment now. Rosalind's stupid training had started about a month ago now. The early morning runs were better than this at first because at least the weather wasn't half bad, but this close to Christmas it was freezing cold. I'd already been running for 2 hours this morning. I ducked out of the track and slumped down against a nearby tree, trying to catch my breath but instead the feeling of defeat and the tears pushing their way to the surface. A few minutes into my mini break down Saul was making his way past me when he suddenly stopped and jogged over - making sure no one saw him skipping out - realizing it was me. Saul and I had been dating for a few months now and although I'm usually happy to see him, I just wanted to be alone in my misery.

"Fay," He said softly, crouching down beside me "you've gotta keep going." He pulled me close, kissing the top of my head and brushing the hair out of my face.

"I-I c-can't" I managed to choke out through the tears.

Andreas watched the scene, disgust rising within. He always wanted Farah. Saul knew that. And yet he was still the outcast.

After a moment Rosalind appeared in front of them with a towering glare.

Rosalind: I expect more from you Farah. And Saul..

She paused for a moment trying to find the right words. Even before we started dating she always despised Saul, he wasn't her perfect, heartless poster boy. But when we had started dating she used that against him as well. Saying that he was a distraction to my learning and my holding back was because of him - which it was not.

Rosalind: You know better than to skip out on training. I will be awaiting you in my office after lunch Farah.

Rosalind finished by giving him a steely glare before walking away.

-------------------------------------------------------

(Later that same day)

I waited in the small room before Rosalind's office after lunch just like she'd said but it was now 90 minutes after and she still hadn't shown up. Figures. This was probably another one of her punishments, making me wait. Finally after another 30 minutes she finally arrived. She did not say a word to me as she opened the door to her office and waved me in. She took a seat in her chair, while I sat in one in front of her desk. She still hadn't acknowledged me and didn't bother too, instead she started filling out a form with determination and that brought my worry to a whole new level. Finally after a moment she looked up at me studying my expressions intently for a moment. I couldn't get a reading off her but I imagined she wasn't very happy with me. That being said I was never on her favorites list.

"You know Farah, magic is a privilege." She paused, letting it sink in. I was completely lost, this was a curveball and I still don't know where she's going with this.

She continued; "And lately, I don't feel as though you've earned that privilege." I was definitely worried now, resisting the urge to chew on my bottom lip like I usually did when I was stressed or nervous. Rosalind opened a drawer in her desk and reached into it retrieving silver looking bracelets that I had learnt about in my 'Modern Day Magic' class: Runic limiters. Rosalind rose, walking around to my side of the desk and leaning against it, eyes still on me.

"My apologies in advance Farah, but actions have consequences. Hands out." She finished, her voice anything but sincere

Unwillingly, I rolled up my sleeves and held out my arms, anticipating the pain that was awaiting.

The bracelets latched onto my skin digging their claws in and drawing blood. I let out a small soundless gaspy-scream of pain not realizing it would hurt like hell.

"You're dismissed." Rosalind said bitterly, her glare still very much there.

The students were once again shocked, some filled with rage at the thought of their 'new' headmistress doing that to someone, let alone their favorite teacher/role model/headmistress. Ben looked intently at his friend. He could see the pain in her face as if she was reliving the moment all over again. The piercing sharp metal that dug into her skin, the deadly glare Rosalind gave and most of all her own harsh thoughts.

"She can't just do that! ... Can she?" Estella asked the rage growing within her

"I mean she is the headmistress so unless there's like some sorta rule book for being headmistress I think she can do whatever she wants" Bronte said kinda sarcastically while shrugging

"Not helpful!" Rose and Dawson shouted at her in unison

"Guys," I voiced a little louder than usual trying to gain their attention; which I did. "Calm down, it's fine, can we just leave it?"

"Fine? She.." Rose waved her hand around trying to find the right words "She-she blocked your magic! How are you so calm?"

If only they'd know about the few hours in between the events in Rosalind's office and now me telling them. I had been a mess. "Can we just talk about this later, I'm exhausted and just want to sleep." I replied avoiding the question. The girls nodded in agreement although they looked like they could burn down Rosalind's office right now and trust me Estella was an arsonist in the making. I turned on my heels making my way to mine and Rose's room wanting to retire for the night.

-------------------------------------------------------

AN- AGAIN I AM SOO SORRY!!!! I don't mean to write short chapters. Sometimes I don't know how to elaborate on certain ideas, but I hope the content is still good. Just to make up for the last two chapters I might add 4 'memories' in the next and try to make that one really long. Or maybe I might make 2 chapters with 2, but once I finish the first two if they're shorter I'll add the extra two.