02

luke

sydney, robbie, and i were singing an old green day song.

robbie, at such a young age, enjoy the songs that sydney and i learned to love when we were teens.

i suddenly sighed and stopped singing.

"dad? why'd you stop? it's your part!" robbie said. i gave robbie a reassuring smile and i felt sydney's hands on top of my lap.

i looked at her for a few seconds, and i saw her smile, that smile that would assure to me that everything was okay.

she knew why i suddenly stopped singing.

because the songs we played were the ones that reminds me of them.

"robbie, sit properly please. we're at the highway now. seatbelt okay?" sydney said.

"okay mommy."

after a few minutes of driving, we arrived at calum's apartment.

i carried robbie with me and sydney got the paper bags of panda express when we got out of the car.

i knocked on the door and instead of calpum answering it, it was ysabelle, calum's fiancée.

"hi aunt belle!" robbie said excitedly. ysabelle smiled and she let us in.

"where's cal?" sydney asked. ysabelle helped her with the bags and i let robbie down. he ran to the living room and watched television.

"he's still upstairs. that lazy ass just took a bath right when you guys arrived." ysabelle said and chuckled.

sydney chuckled and she rolled her eyes. "same old cal." she said.

"im gonna go to robbie for a while." sydney said and she left.

i helped ysabelle arrange the food and calum was already downstairs.

but the mood around the apartment had been interrupted when i heard sydney's cries.

~ ;