03

sydney

i went to robbie. he was playing the toy robot he brought with him and i sat down on the couch.

"mommy, when will uncle cal come down?" he asked.

"dont worry sweetie, he'll be down any minute now." i said.

my attention was then on the breaking news on the tv screen. the brunette news reporter popped out of the screen and the word "BREAKING NEWS : LOCAL PRISONER ESCAPED." caught my whole attention.

"Breaking news. A prisoner just escaped minutes ago from the Sydney Local Prison, we would like to inform everyone that the prisoner is very dangerous. Anyone having information about the whereabouts of the escaped prisoner, Jimmy Parish, call the local police immediately."

my heart suddenly felt painful. it felt like someone stabbed me to the chest.

i let out a loud cry and my tears got out of my eyes.

"mommy, why are you crying?" i hear robbie ask.

"no.. no way." i whispered to myself. i stood up and then my knees were on the floor. and i suddenly felt someone's arms on my shoulders.

i looked up to see luke. his eyes widened as he saw the news on tv.

"baby, hey. shh." luke knelt beside me and hugged me tight.

"daddy, why is mommy crying?" robbie asked.

"robbie, sweetie. let's go up to uncle calum okay?" ysabelle said. they went up and luke and i were left in the living room.

luke's phone rang and he answered it.

no.

this isnt real.

i wasn't dreaming at all. but i badly want it to be a dream. but i know it isnt.

~ ;