13

he was holding a gun.

"sydney! just run with robbie now!" calum yelled.

when robbie was already near me, i quickly carried him and ran back to the gates.

"IM NOT DONE WITH YOU KIDS YET!" jimmy yelled.

gunshot.

it was like i couldn't hear anything but my loud heartbeat and robbie's cries.

"mommy. uncle calum's blood." he cried.

i looked back and i stopped running. i saw calum, with blood on his chest.

"calum!" i yelled.

he looked at me and he yelled one last time.

"run!"

jimmy looked at me and i started running again.

"your turn you little bitch!" he yelled.

"mommy! the bad guy is running!" robbie cried.

i looked back and saw that he was still far away, realizing that calum held on his leg to stop him.

i got robbie down.

"robbie, i want you to listen to mommy okay?" i said breathlessly.

he nodded.

"don't be afraid okay? i want you to run as fast as you could, as far away as you can! i promised you that i will protect little robbie from bad guys right?"

"but mommy, i want to protect you from bad guys!" he cried.

"then do what i told you okay? you can protect mommy that way!" i cried.

he nodded quickly.

i hugged him so tight and we both started running by the time i saw him running towards us.

"COME BACK HERE!"

sirens can now be heard from a distance and we were near the gates, i was now having high hopes.

but then i heard another gunshot.

my grip on robbie's little hands loosen and i saw him running towards the car.

then i realized i was already on the ground.

and the last thing i heard were gunshots. as my vision got blurry, i saw police officers and paramedics.

"l-luke." was the last thing i stuttered before i blacked out.

~ ;