10

sydney

"mommy!"

with just one word, repeatedly screamed out, my fear came to life.

" ysabelle!" i hear calum shout.

i saw ysabelle near our car, blood coming out of her shoulders.

"what happened?" luke asked, frightened.

ysabelle was crying. i was panicking. calum was worrying so much. luke was trying hard to keep himself calm.

"where's robbie?" luke asked.

i looked around, my heartbeat getting faster and faster.

"ysabelle, where's robbie?!" my voice raised.

"a man stabbed me all of a sudden and he took robbie with him."

i broke down. my legs felt like they couldn't carry my weight anymore. i got on my knees and cried.

"syd, hey, we'll find him, okay?" luke said.

luke cupped my cheeks and lifted my chin up, making me look at him.

"luke. luke. he's.. he's got robbie. luke. he came back! luke, he's got ro-"

"we'll find him okay? sydney, you have to calm down right now, we'll figure something out." he said. he hugged me.

calum took ysabelle to the hospital while luke and i went home.

***

luke

you think i was gone forever and would forget all you dirty little kids did to me a long time ago? think again blonde boy. im not done with the three of you yet. not until you three are dead. and this little kid with me will be dead soon if you dont come back to where you kids started it all.

what he said to me when he called at my phone a while ago kept repeating all over my head.

sydney was on the couch, still crying because of what happened a while ago.

"we need to get robbie back, luke." sydney said.

her eyes were so red and puffy now.

"but i don't want you to come." i said.

"no. i'm coming with you." she said.

"no sydney! i don't want your life at risk again. i dont want to lose you." i said.

"but my son is out there, his life is at risk too! might as well fucking risk mine for my own son!" she said.

i sighed.

"please luke. just let me go with you." she pleaded, she was crying. i hugged her.

"sydney, you have to understand i want to keep you safe." i said.

***

in the end, sydney came with me and calum, but we let her stay inside the car that was parked outside the building.

"call the police when you hear something wrong from inside okay?" i said.

sydney nodded and she hugged me.

calum and i hid our guns inside the back pockets of our pants.

"please be safe both of you." she said.

i nodded. i looked into her eyes and kissed her.

"let's go luke." calum said after a few minutes.

"stay safe too, syd." calum said. he kissed her forehead and hugged her.

~ ;