05

sydney

"luke? syd?" i hear calum called. i looked up and saw that he just got down from the stairs.

"cal." i almost sobbed. i stood up and hugged him so tight.

"what happened?" calum asked.

"parrish escaped." luke said.

"you mean the killer of our-"

"yeah. him." luke cut him midsentence. i guess he doesnt want to him finish it.

i tried not to start crying all over again. i thought everything would go well. i thought he'd rot inside those cells until it was his turn to die.

i let go of calum and sat down on the couch again beside luke. he held my hand.

"where is he now? are the police doing something about it?" calum asked.

"maxx is doing something about it now. the police are finding where he is and it has been reported in the news a while ago." luke said.

"jesus i can't.. luke i just can't.. what if he comes back for us?!" i asked, panicking.

i stood up quickly and looked around.

"sydney. baby, please. he doesn't know where we are okay? he wont hurt us." luke said. he stood up as well and hugged me tight as i cried again.

***

i sat up straight, breathing heavily. i looked at my left to see that luke was asleep.

the past 3 days was hell for me. i've been trying hard not to feel so paranoid and break down in front of my robbie, who only knows the tiniest bit about my friends. about his father.

and lately i've been waking up in the middle of the night.

i stood up and got out of our room.

you see, for me, waking up in the middle of the night was normal.

but waking up in the middle of the night seeing your deceased friends wasn't.

~ ;