Tales of Old...

The following idea is from Galva Cronus and is set approximately 1000 years in the future of Smg4...

...

The hooded figure floated above as saw the flying cars that now constantly covered the skies, all the way up to level 400 of the mushroom plaza.

But down on the lower levels, to level 253 and under, crime ran more rampant the lower you went. Down on the bottom 100, laws were virtually nonexistent.

But on the last 5, only a few stragglers remained, alongside the remains of the old Mushroom kingdom, with the old Mushroom castle now half destroyed and gone.

In those ruins, the hooded figure lied back saddened as he reflected, looking at his collection of reminders.

A red cap with the letter M, a green cap with the letter L and a blue one with a large S. A computer with an old anime game, the battery fried a long time ago, a shell and a coconut next to each-other. An old mechanical arm, an old splatter-shot, the broken deity mask next to a rotten watermelon husk. The shattered Inkweaver, a Boy Scout cap and a scythe.

???: My friends...I miss you all...

He placed his old sword hands on the table, equipping his new mechanical 5 fingers hands, the only luxury of the higher ups that could afford since they were 300 years less advanced.

He leaned back into an old chair, putting his feet up.

???: (Sigh)

???: Hello? Is anyone their?

The figures eyes went wide, hearing something entering. 

???: Damn, not another straggler!

He grabbed his shotgun and went outside.

???: As I told you last time, I don't have any Money to give you-!

???: Bob!?

His eyes went wide as he finally looked the figure dead in the eyes.

Bob: M-Meggy?

Their eyes locked from across the fallen hall, still in shock.

Meggy: Bob, is that...is that really you?

Bob: No, this...This can't be real! Say something!

Meggy: Huh!?

Bob: Say something only Meggy would remember!

Meggy: Okay, okay! Uh...remember when you turned my home into a hotel...then you sold it and I tried to help you get it back? Then you sold me out to the cops?

Bob teared up, remembering it like it was yesterday. After all this time...

He dropped the weapon and Red down the broken stairs to hug Meggy.

Meggy: Bob? Are you high again? Or are you trying to snatch my wallet-?

Bob: Meggy...I'm so happy to see you...

Meggy just looked confused, but hugged back. Once she released, they Both looked around.

Meggy: What...happened here?

Bob: Time hasn't been nice as you can tell. As technology evolved, the castle became a ruin that was just thought best to be covered up...

Meggy: Woah, I didn't think this much could rot in a day.

Bob looked alarmed by that statement.

Meggy: Hey, do you know where Mario is? I wanted to ask for some advice before I went on my night out with Tari.