Chapter 1: The Message

"Good job, Erix," Dean said, patting his friend on the back.

"It was nothing," Erix said, waving his hand.

"You kidding," Sam smiled, handing Erix a beer, "You saved our asses back there... Again."

Erix chuckled and checked his phone. He realized he had a call from Peter. He hasn't heard from him in forever. Getting a call now has to be something hella desperate going on. He listened to the message out loud.

"Erix, it's your brother, Peter. I'm going to be heading to Mystic Falls with a few others. We need to meet an Original Vampire there. We can use some backup. Come to the town when you can. Bye."

Erix put his can of beer down and stood up. He started gathering clothes and weapons.

"Hey."

Erix looked up at Sam.

"You okay, buddy," Sam asked.

"I have to go help Pete before they get themselves killed," Erix sighed irritably.

"Need backup," Sam asked, leaning his weight against the doorframe.

"I'll be fine, Sam," Erix smiled, "I'll call you if I need help..."

Sam grabbed him and kiss him hard.

"We promised to be private," Erix whispered, "We almost got caught by Dean last time, remember?"

"I know," Sam breathed, "I want to make sure to kiss you before you go."

"I'll be okay, babe," Erix said, resting his hands on Sam's chest, "I promise."

"You better," Sam said, kissing his nose, "I'll see you soon."

Erix grabbed his bags and started heading out. Dean helped him out the door.

"Our phones are on if you need help, alright," Dean said.

"Got it, Dean," Erix smiled.

"Be careful out there," Dean smiled softly, "We'll see you soon."

Erix grabbed his shoulder gently as a reassurance and got in his black 2022 Dodge Challenger. He drove to Mystic Falls rather quickly to not miss any action.

 He drove to Mystic Falls rather quickly to not miss any action