Chapter 9: Body Language

(Warnings: Guns)

Erix got home to see Peter, Derek, and Malia were all waiting in the living room.

"So... How'd it go," Peter asked.

Erix looked at them a huge smile decorating his face.

"I'll grab the popcorn," Derek said, getting up.

Malia scooted over and patted the seat next to her. Erix laughed and made his way over. After they listened to Erix talk his date, Derek and Malia left. They had to go to a pack meeting.

"You're not going to go," Erix asked, looking at his brother.

"I'm not really invited, unless they ask me to be there personally," Peter shrugged.

"Sorry to hear that," Erix said, thinking it was horrible.

"Don't be," Peter smiled, "I much rather spend time with my little brother."

"You're only older than me by a few minutes, Pete," Erix smiled, pointing at him, "Don't get too cocky."

Peter laughed and put his hands up in surrender.

"You really like him, don't you," Peter asked, talking about Elijah.

"What makes you ask that," Erix asked curiously, "He's a vampire..."

"I'm your twin, E," Peter sassed, "You really think I can't tell when you're falling in love?"

Peter made sure to sing the last three words, causing Erix rolled his eyes.

"Also the way your eyes light up and the smile on your face when you spoke about him," Peter recalled, "It's apparent he's caught your interest more than a little. Whether he's a vampire or not. Honestly, I like the way he treats you too. Personally, I prefer him over the other one."

Erix knew Peter wasn't going to say Sam's name. It was an unspoken rule among them. When they got their hearts broken really bad by someone they would not speak of their name, unless the other sibling speaks the name first. It saved them from adding more sting to the pain that was already enhanced due to their werewolf gene.

"You haven't even met him yet," Erix said, smiling, "Well, you have, but not in a more casual, relaxed setting."

"You're right," Peter said, "But you can tell a lot about how a person treats their partner from how they act when speaking about them. Especially when the partner isn't present."

Erix sighed heavily. He had doubts about leaving the Winchesters but now he's happy he made the decision. Because now they can all move on with their lives like they should've so long ago.

A knock on the door brought him back to reality. Peter answered the door while Erix cocked his gun.

"Is Erix here?"

Erix knitted his eyebrows as the guy walked in.

"Dean?"