Chapter 5: Leaving

Dean soothed Erix softly and let him cry in his shirt. Soon he calmed down and Dean cleaned his face up.

"You gonna be okay," Dean whispered, "I have to go meet my boyfriend. But say the word and I'm yours. I will stay here with you. I swear, Erix..."

"I'm okay," Erix smiled, "You should go. I'm sure Cas misses you."

"My phone is on all night, understand," Dean said, "Whenever you need me I'm a phone call away. It doesn't matter what it is, kid..."

"Dean," Erix chuckled, "Thank you."

Dean hugged him once more before heading out. As soon as Erix heard Baby's engine get distant he ran upstairs and started packing his belongings. He wrote a note to Sam and Dean. Then he went to his Challenger and drove away.

Dean got home first and called Erix's name before searching for him. He found the note on the table and called Sam.

"Come home right now," Dean growled.

When Sam arrived, Dean was biting his nails stressfully. He stood up and shoved the note in his hands.

"Hope you got what you want," Dean said, walking away.

"Hey, guys. Listen, I'm going to be gone for a while. I won't be coming back. It's time I moved on from everything and everyone. Do not come looking for me because I don't want to be found. We all know that if I don't want to be found you won't find me whatsoever. When I'm ready to talk I'll find you. But for now, take care of each other. Until next time."

-Erix

Sam sniffled as tears ran down his face. He called Erix's cell, but it went straight to voice mail. Dean came back in and placed Erix's cell phone on the table.

"I already tried, Sammy," Dean said, his voice cracking, "He's gone. He won't return until he's ready to. So we should let him go."

Sam sunk into the chair. Dean placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. He only said what he said so Sam would let him go. But as for Dean, he will be damned if he let Erix walk away without an explanation. He at least deserved to know that he still welcomed home anytime he wants. To know that Dean will never forget him. As far as Dean is concerned, Erix isn't gone. Not until he says he is.