Chapter 11: Whipped

Erix lay in bed when Peter opened the door.

"Hey, E," Peter said, leaning against the threshold, "Someone else is here to see you..."

"Fuck off," Erix growled bitterly, "And tell whoever else is here to see me that they can go screw themselves for all I care."

"Only if you watch."

Erix turned his head to see Elijah standing there with a gentle smile.

"Hello again," Elijah smiled.

"I have to go run some errands," Peter said, "The house will be empty for quite a long time. So if you need anything call me."

He winked at Erix, who rolled his eyes. He sat up as Elijah came closer.

"I hope you don't mind that I showed up here," Elijah said, making his voice as soft as he possibly could.

"Did he call you," Erix asked, talking about Peter.

"Yeah," Elijah smiled.

"Son of a bitch," Erix muttered, shaking his head.

"You mind if I stay," Elijah asked.

Erix shrugged and scooted over for him to sit.

"If you want to talk about what's got you upset we can," Elijah said, showing he didn't know about Dean's arrival, "But if not that's fine too. I want you to know I'm here for you."

"Have you ever been through a heartbreak," Erix asked, pulling one knee up to his chin.

"I have," Elijah said thoughtfully, "I was at one time in love with a woman by the name of Katerina. She was amazing and gorgeous. I could see myself spending eternity with her, but it didn't work out. She had feelings for my brother, Niklaus. After all, she was his birthday gift. I had no right for my feelings for her."

"I'm sorry to hear that," Erix said sincerely.

"I'm not," Elijah smiled, "Living is all about trial and error. Sometimes you win, other times you learn. There's nothing wrong with living and loving. Even when it hurts. You can only go wrong if you keep returning back to the ones that hurt you. Then you're doing nothing, but hurting yourself."

Erix leaned against Elijah's shoulder. He wrapped his arm around him gently.

"What would you consider us," Erix asked in almost a whisper.

"Us? I consider that the biggest win I've received yet," Elijah said.

Erix sighed deeply as he felt sleepy suddenly. He's not usually one to feel sleepy around others. Especially a vampire. But something about the situation made Erix feel... Relaxed. Maybe Peter was right about Elijah after all.

"You seem tired," Elijah said as softly as he could, "I can leave so you can sleep."

"Stay," Erix asked, grabbing his blazer, "Please. I rather not be alone with my thoughts."

"Of course," Elijah said.

Erix fell asleep against his shoulder, drooling a little with occasional soft snores. Elijah smiled unbothered by the drool going on his clothes. He was just happy to be able to be there for Erix. He closed his eyes to rest a little as well.

Peter, Derek, and Malia came back home. Peter went to check on Erix. He opened the door and saw Erix sleeping on Elijah's chest. Elijah opened his eyes at hearing the door open in his sleep. He put a finger to his lips telling Peter to stay quiet. He nodded and closed the door, grinning widely.

"Is he okay," Malia asked, wanting to know the tea on her uncle.

"He's sleeping on his chest," Peter grinned, giggling childishly.

"Are you serious," Derek asked, joining in the family gossip, "Uncle E is asleep on a Mikaelson's chest right now?"

"Yep," Peter said.

"Oh my god, he's whipped for a vampire," Derek teased, causing Peter to laugh.