Chapter 8: The Date

(Warnings: Violence; Guns; Mentions of Killing)

Erix was getting ready with the help of Scott and Malia. Soon he finished, dressed in a black t-shirt, black leather jacket, black belt, dark-washed denim fitted jeans, and black combat boots. He put on his dog chains that belonged to his brother-in-law, aka Derek's father. Then he drove to the café they chose last night. 

He watched his surroundings as he walked up. Erix instantly noticed the scowls he received from a group of guys. He averted his gaze, not wanting to fight today.

"Hey, jackass," a guy called, "Where are you going?"

Erix ignored him.

"I know you hear me, fucking bitch," the guy said, grabbing his shoulder.

Erix was about to turn and punch him, but little by little the men were taken. Finally, Elijah walked up as the guy held a gun to Erix's head.

"It would be wise for you to unhand my date," Elijah said, "Your little rent-a-crew are already dead because you dare lay a finger on him. You really wish to piss me off more?"

"Back up, man," the guy said, taking the safety off the gun.

"Oh, please," Erix mumbled.

He stepped on the guy's foot, making him instinctively loosen his grip on Erix. Then he elbowed the guy's chin, making him stagger back. Finally, he shoved the guy head-first into a metal pole. He placed his foot on his neck while collecting his gun and weapons from him.

"I had it under control, you know," Erix said, turning to Elijah.

Elijah kicked the guy across the face as he raised a side pistol at Erix. This time he was completely out cold. Erix was convinced he broke his jaw too.

"I'm sure you did," Elijah sassed.

"What the hell do you want," Erix asked.

"Apparently I wasn't clear on the app," Elijah smiled, "A date."

"Not interested," Erix said, heading back to his car.

"You came all this way when you clearly saw my name and picture on the screen," Elijah said, "I'm sure you were convinced that it was me. Might as well, stay for a cup of coffee."

Erix licked his lips in thought. Finally, he walked to the café door. Elijah hurriedly opened the door for him. Erix acted annoyed, but internally he was touched by the simple, sweet gesture.

"What am I getting you two gentlemen today," the waitress asked.

"I'll have an omelet, extra sausage, light on the cheese. A side of hash browns and toast. And finally a black coffee with five creamers and a single packet of sugar," Erix said.

"Okay," the waitress said, "And for you, sir?"

"A single cup of coffee is fine," Elijah said.

"I'd like to add a plate of eggs and bacon as well," Erix smirked, looking at Elijah.

"Alrighty," the waitress smiled, "It will be right out for you then."

"Thank you," Erix smiled.

"No problem," the waitress said, walking away.

"That's quite a lot of food," Elijah said, "Do you not eat much at home? Or do you have a big appetite?"