𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕 ❘𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞

Darcia's pov

I'm going to sign the papers today, and she'll be mine. No more worrying about feeding. I will have access to blood twenty-four-seven. This is a dream come true.

I put on my everyday look, which is a black blouse with black slack pants. I'm done impressing Mr. Elwood, and I don't think this outfit looks bad. I can't forget about eye contact.

I walked down the stairs to my garage and looked at my beautiful car. I don't drive that often because of my vampire speed, but I like fast driving. I sat inside and pushed the remote control button for the garage door to open.

On my way there, I suddenly thought about my friend Nicoli. He would be proud of me if he knew what I had done. I sent him an email a long time ago, but he still hasn't replied. I don't worry about him. He knows how to take care of himself. He will either visit me or call me sooner or later.

He lived with me for over a decade, but he quickly became bored with this town and my lifestyle. He always wanted to travel and meet other vampires. Taste different kinds of blood. To learn more about ourselves, but I couldn't go with him because my family was still looking for me at the time.

When he traveled through Bulgaria, he saw my father there with his private detectives. The funny thing is, I never traveled there. I avoided Europe at all costs. That's why I chose to live in Artondale. A lot of trees and constant rain. I don't know if my family is still looking for me, and I don't care if they do. Haha, I call them my family even though I despise them.

I parked my car close to the gate. No one was waiting for me, so I walked through the gate and headed towards the front door. A sense of peace filled the hall almost as if they had all died. I gently closed the front door and headed to his office.

I knocked on his door and opened them. "Good morning," I greeted. He was looking out of the window while holding hands behind his back.

"Ohh, morning. Your papers are ready. I only need two signatures from you." He walked to his table and handed the papers to me.

I leaned over and took a pen from his table, "Here - and - here. Anything else?" I raised my brows and handed him the signed papers.

"No, that's it. You can pick up Talia before lunchtime." He forced a smile.

"Alright then, thank you." I took the papers that belong to me from his table. He then went to see me off.

It was clear that he argued with someone. There is a sense of anger and sadness in his eyes at the same time. Maybe he had a fight with his wife.

Humans are disgusting. I always thought we were the most terrible out of this world, but my point of view changed. With my hearing senses, I heard conversations that were not meant for me.

It's funny how many of them pretend to be in love with their partner, but going on a dates with someone else.

They get bored of each other so much that they despise one another.

Love is only a fairytale. A pretty dream you wish could be true, but then you wake up from it to reality and realize something like that doesn't exist.

That's why I never fall in love. Never in my long life, I seen one honest or happy couple. I don't need to live in such a charade, and I don't long for love.

Talia's pov

"I still can't believe I'm leaving this place forever," I mumbled to myself, half asleep. I crawled into the shower, then changed into some random clothes from my closet before heading to our studio to meet Stacey. The cook baked some food and dessert for my leaving. Stacey made a small party for me. Only the two of us were hanging for the last time.