𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟕 ❘𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐧

Then, just then, without warning, a pair of ice-cold hands clenched around my body. And freezing lips and sharp fangs sunken far down into my exposed neck.

I let out a scream of terror and pain, trying to break free from their grip. I flailed my arms and kicked my legs, but to no avail. I felt as if my life slowly slipped away as they drained my energy.

They attached their hands to my trembling lips, so I wouldn't let out any more screams. I was dragged to the deepest woods around this area. I could still sense their hands, cold and unyielding, as they pulled me through the trees by my wrists, despite being in a completely, speechless shock. I had no idea where we were going, but I knew it would be worse than anything I could imagine. I prayed for a miracle to save me. But I knew no miracle would happen. Everyone at home had no idea I was not coming back inside. Darcia had no idea that I would be gone just a few minutes after our interaction.

I was petrified, and my heart was racing as I attempted to think of a way out. I shivered in fear, knowing that I would never be able to escape this monster who had kidnapped me.

Their cold lips that sucked onto my throat and hands that grabbed me around my wrists meant it was another vampire, but what do they want from me? Someone so ordinary. Someone without a family. Practically, I am no one.

The bite on my neck suddenly burst into flames, like a fire that had started on my neck. It wasn't just an ordinary bite. I've been bitten a few times by Darcia, and it just wasn't the same.

He finally stopped dragging me and shoved me to the ground. I was too weak to react or gain strength in my legs. My vision got blurry, and I couldn't identify the vampire who had kidnapped me.

"What will you do with me?" I asked straight away; playing dump was not going to save me.

The vampire remained quiet.

The chilly ground underneath me and the colder wind swept away the warmth I felt this afternoon. Suddenly, a hot tear ran down my cheek. I was never a lucky girl; I knew this fact. But to take me away from my only happiness and a family was the end of my sanity.

"Just kill me," I stated clearly. Why live if I won't ever see Darcia? The only being who cared for me more than herself. I got mad at myself that I did not listen to her and stayed outside for those roses. Those bloody roses who called a dead upon me.

The creature crouched down near me and kept looking at the burning wound on my neck. He analyzed it and even took a closer look, hovering over me. It all felt like my world was falling apart once again, but that was the burden I needed to carry on my back to love a vampire.

My sight went black, and I could only hear the trees moving to the flow of the blowing wind. My whole body felt as hard as a rock, and none of my body parts could be lifted from the ground. I was attached to the cold, wet ground. I took the last deep breath in, and the world shut down before my eyes.

***

Has it been a day or two? Perhaps a week or months? The answer was unknown to me. The only thing I was sure of was that I was in a different location. It was not lying on the ice-cold ground anymore. The place where I was lying was pleasant and soft. The smell of the thing I was lying on was incredibly fragrant. Black Dahlia is the name of the darkest flower that was planted. Some say the scent of it could kill you and burn your nose if you inhaled it. That was the smell of it. Very dangerous, but your nose can't stop inhaling it. Addiction.

I spread my weak fingers onto the surface underneath me. It wasn't a bed or anything close to it. It was a skin. I steadily shifted my head upward to face the person I was comfortably sleeping on. My blurry sight got cleared once I've blinked a multiple times. The chin length desky black hair that was curled to the inside, I could recognize at any time at any place. I shut my eyes in disbelief, thinking it was all just a nightmare. I wished I could wake up from it and be back in Darcia's secure arms.