𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟒 ❘𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞

Talia's pov

A month had passed since Stacey's arrival. The atmosphere in this house has become stiff. The air was sometimes hard to breathe when Darcia and Stacey encountered each other.

The image of living under the same roof seemed a lot easier when I was younger. That was my original plan with Stacey; however, Darcia became a brand new plan instead. I see that sharing a household has its struggles. Though it would have been easier if the two of them could bear each other's presence, having small talk or any kind of small interaction would improve their relationship.

Darcia hates that Stacey is so close to me. That I care about Stacey the same as I care about her.

Stacey hates how possessive Darcia is. That she destroyed every possible freedom I had. Yet she understands my feelings for her.

While I struggled with our house members, except for Nicoli, though he has been a fantastic help, I also was worrying about Darcia's state of health. It is alright when she didn't feed, as it feels like for years?

The book I held in my hands dropped to the ground as my muscles weakened from the constant worrying I kept replaying in my head. I picked it up and closed it. I let out a deep and loud sigh. I got up from the ground in the library and inserted the book in the empty spot where I had taken it from.

It's been a while since I entered this room. A smile formed on my face when I kept looking around, admiring those old, barely touched books that were covered in dust. That's a reminder that I have to clean it someday soon.

Although one situation made me feel happy. Stacey's and Nicoli's relationship. Those two were inseparable. I assume Stacey has heard about Nicoli's tragic past, and that is what made them close over the course of one month.

Nicoli's mood became more energetic if I should describe it. He couldn't wait for Stacey to wake up in the morning and talk to her already. Stacey, on the other hand, woke up a lot earlier because of him. A friendship has been born between them and a powerful one.

"Tali! Come to the kitchen, please." Stacey screamed at me. I headed to the kitchen immediately, closing the library door behind me.

As I took the first step inside, I noticed the two of them hiding something behind their backs as they leaned against the kitchen island with glued arms together.

"What is it?" I asked with a curious look on my face.

"Happy birthday, Talia!!!" They congratulated in sync and loudly, clapping with their hands, revealing a white round cake with the candles of number eighteen dug in the center of it.

I entirely forgot about my upcoming birthday. If they hadn't said anything, I wouldn't have celebrated my eighteenth birthday. My mind was so busy with everything that had been happening that I kind of forgot about myself.

"Guys, thank you so much." I thanked them and rushed to hug them. They were a bit surprised by our group hug, but then they returned the hug.

I knew it was Stacey's doing since she only knew the date of my birthday.

"Where is Darcia?" I wondered, looking around, considering I had not seen her for quite some time.

Both of them were quiet, wondering that too. Lately, or more precisely, the last week, she has been going out a lot, saying she has something important to figure out. When I asked what it was, she replied that she would reveal it soon. I trust Darcia's decision to not tell me now, still I am dying to know.

"I believe she is in the garage, fixing something about her car. I will go get her." Stacey offered herself first. I nodded as I thought about the great opportunity for them to get closer to each other.