𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑 ❘𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐬

Darcia's pov

My eyes couldn't move away from her. She is like this diamond you need to protect because it's very rare, expensive, and one of a kind. Two hours had passed; it was around ten o'clock when she finally woke up from her deep sleep.

"Hey there, did you sleep well?" I whispered into her ear, as I was right next to her. She slowly opened her eyes, and when she saw me, her eyes brightened. She didn't say anything; she just curled into my arms, holding me tight as usual.

Then I softly kissed the back of her neck as I lifted her chin. She giggled and pulled away. "W-What're you doing?"

"What I want the most, sweetheart, and that is you," I replied, kissing her lips this time. Once my lips merged with hers, I couldn't pull away. I slipped my tongue inside her mouth, touching hers. If I could skin her with my tongue, I would. There wasn't a place I didn't want to touch.

She pressed on my arms with her hands and pulled away from me. "I-I need to shower." She stuttered and couldn't look into my eyes.

"Sure, do that," I said. She got off the bed, looking for a towel, and when she was close to the bathroom door, I teased, "I can help you with showering." She blushed it off and immediately went inside the bathroom. I chuckled at her reaction and waited until she was done.

A lot of things needed to be discussed. When she left the bathroom, I sat her down on the couch, and I sat right next to her. "There are a lot of things I need to talk about, Talia," I informed her, and she simply nodded.

To be truthful I don't even know how to open up to someone. I barely talked about this with Nicoli. To tell her the whole story of my past life it's not an easy thing to do.

I took a deep breath in and rested both of my hands on my knees. I gave her a second glance and when I saw how ready she was I started.

"I was sold off by my parents. They never cared about me that much. I was always quiet and shy, but once I learned they were going to marry me off, I became wild. That vampire is one of the most powerful, if not the most powerful. The night of our marriage, I escaped. I planned the escape for months." I stopped talking when Talia grabbed my hand. I briefly smiled, looking at the floor.

"Anyways, my room had a secret exit door. Since everyone was preoccupied with him, I had free passage. My mother was dying to see him and entirely forgot about my existence that night. Almost as if I wasn't the one marrying him but her. Her twisted desire blacked out her whole mind. She left me alone in my room, which she didn't usually do, and when everything looked clear, I escaped. Our castle has a lot of secret doors and ways to leave the castle. But my room had the best exit that only I knew about. I ran down the dark stairway, thinking no one would be waiting outside. I was wrong." I shut my eyes for a second, creasing my forehead at the vivid memory in my mind.

"They captured you?" Talia asked in the most saddest voice, widening her eyes.

"Almost, I was quite fast and strong. I think it was the adrenalin that helped me leave. There was only one guard outside, so it was not that difficult. I'm pure blood; that's why I'm faster and stronger." I explained.

"Pure blood? What does it mean?" She lifted an eyebrow.

"It means that both of my parents are vampires and our ancestors also. You can be with a human under the condition that you will later turn them. So, there are lots of non-pure vampires." I declared. Her thinking face looked so adorable. She was so confused but was trying to understand my words.

"I'm sure Nicoli already told you his story. His parents didn't want a pure blood vampire. They wanted a human for him. And why? Because they wanted him to feed on her for as long as he could and then turn her. He, of course, didn't want that. He loved her too much to feed on her. So they killed her in the most crucial way, and he was present as a punishment for refusing to accept it."