𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐮𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 ❘𝐈𝐠𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐦𝐞

A couple of months went by, and each one of us was living a content 'dead' life. Except for Stacey, she thankfully stayed mortal and did not want to be immortal and young for eternity.

Pity.

Nicoli decided to move out of our house since he thought we, and by that, I mean me and Talia, needed alone time. I suppose he had enough of us kissing every morning in the kitchen.

The small yet comfortable house near the lake we once visited together, Nicoli owned. Stacey and him got awfully close, and sparks of fancying appeared.

At first, Talia was sorrowful; however, she saw what was happening between the two of them, so she had a really long conversation with Stacey and let her go live with Nicoli.

We visited them multiple times, as they did us. Their house is covered in white and has a vintage touch to it. Many arched black windows were placed around the house. The inside has an entirely different aesthetic. Numerous chandeliers hung, beige colors splashed on walls, and long curtains hung in every room with windows. Furniture was a mix of antique and modern pieces. The living room had a leather couch, a large rug, and a vintage coffee table. The staircase was carpeted and the walls were adorned with intricate paintings.

To put it briefly, it's almost exactly our house, but with opposite colors.

Stacey focused her career on singing and playing the guitar. She's currently playing every weekend in an old bar in our town.

Nicoli is still keeping his distance from unknown mortals, however, he briefly mentioned that he'd like to learn to cook different meals and that taking cooking lessons is something he thinks about attending.

And as for us...

I played the last note that was marked on the new music sheet I created not long ago. It has a long journey before it's perfection, but the melody sounds excellent to my ears already.

I closed the fallboard and wandered the hall to Talia's sculpture room. I opened the door and saw her concentrate on the sculpture ahead of her. Her work was far from finished, but it started to look promising.

I shifted behind her, massaging her stiffened shoulders.

"Who's this lady supposed to be?" I wondered, looking at the face of the unknown woman.

"My mother." She answered, turning her head behind me to meet my eyes. She then smiled.

The woman had a smile carved on her face and sharp cheek bones that were hard to miss. She must have been a beautiful woman.

"I think it's time for you to take a break. You've been working since the morning." I said, brushing the top of my hand against her cheek.

She captured my hand and kissed it. I immediately placed my hand under her thighs and lifted her into my arms.

"What are you doing?! Nooo! Let me finish the eyes at least, hmm?" Talia's forehead creased as she pouted.

I ignored her whining and swiftly walked my way to our room upstairs. I set her down on the velvet couch and shifted to the closet to find her clean clothes, as the ones she had on were covered in dirt.

"You should take a shower. Your whole arms and thighs are dirty." I said, pointing to her arms with my finger.

Her eyes were strangely attached to me, focusing more on my lips.

She agreed with me and took a long shower, leaving me alone for several minutes.

The door opened, and I was glad I wasn't standing but sitting down because she wasn't wearing the piece of clothing I chose for her.