𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟎 ❘𝐒𝐞𝐥𝐟𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥

Talia's pov

The next day, after this mysterious vampire and I had our interaction, he said he would sneak into my room and train me. What did he mean by that? I had no idea. Yet then he mysteriously showed up before lunch around ten o'clock, and then when I smelled the sweet scent lingering in the air, I realized what he meant by training me.

He explained that the more I'm used to smelling it and being around the blood, the more I will be in control of my body and thirst. It was easier to say than do. I ate the whole test tube, which was filled with fresh blood. And yes, even the glass. I can still feel small pieces of glass scraping my gums.

When the clock had rolled over to eleven fifty-seven, he swiftly left my room. I suppose he is just extra careful to not be found by anyone. Before he left, he said he would visit me again the next day at the same time. Even though I'm not sure why he wants to help me, I'm kind of glad I could meet someone slightly normal. However, I am unsure of what I would do if his intentions were bad.

All lunch and afternoon, I kept thinking about why I had to be changed. Why did turning me into one of them have any benefits for them?

My head was on the verge of an explosion when suddenly the tall iron door opened, with Elvira coming inside.

Elvira said that after my last feeding, I wouldn't need a drop of blood until the full moon. However, my starvation began. It wasn't as before when I was a human. I could eat small portions of food every few hours or not even at all until lunch came, and I was completely fine, but now? After I had the whole tube of a warm, bittersweet liquid, I got hungry not even ten minutes after consuming it.

I got off the bed, shifting to the open window in a second. I didn't want to be close to her. She is the reason I became this.

"Come here," Elvira ordered me, gesturing me with her index finger to come to her.

I hesitated at first, but I didn't want to get punished for not listening to her. And the last thing I would want is to cause another bloodshed. Because of what I did, I cannot close my eyes without seeing all the fresh blood on my hands. Because all I see is her ginger hair and slim body, which barely held her posture together. I killed someone. My hands will never get clean, no matter how hard I scrub them.

Slowly, I walked towards her and stopped one meter away.

She squeezed her wine-red eyes, tilting her head to the left. I shifted my gaze to the floor, as I couldn't bear her stare.

As soon as she saw me stop looking at her, her hand was under my neck. Her hard grip told me she had become angry. She easily gets irritated by my reactions.

"Don't do what I didn't command you to do. You will look straight into my eyes." She coldly warned with a stern voice.

My eyes stared into her empty eyes, full of evilness.

"I thought you died, yet somehow you managed to survive." She paused and shifted behind me, to which my skin reacted by creating goosebumps.

"I will not sit on my ass while Darcia is all happy. She wasn't supposed to find happiness. That word is prohibited on her list of desires. Except then you came and made that bitch believe she could be happy." She whispered into my left ear, hovering over me.

Is she only allowed to be happy when her maniacal family says so?

"So, you are not happy yourself?" I asked her. She remained quiet, which made it a perfect situation for me to say what was on my mind.

"You didn't get him, huh? Your seduction didn't work on him as you thought it would; that's why you're mad. He still wants Darcia, but never you. Don't you feel pathetic?" I jeered.