𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟐 ❘𝐃𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐬

Talia's pov

Four days later, the tailor came with a one-of-a-kind velvet red dress, exactly made for me. When I was trying the dress on, unwillingly, I came to the realization of how beautifully I looked wearing it.

I didn't like myself much while I was a human. For numerous reasons, I questioned my appearance. Mostly because I was never adopted by anyone. I despised my hair, my face, and my body.

But now, as an immortal, I see myself completely in a different light. My long golden hair, pinkish cheeks, and round hazel eyes looked enhanced in a way that probably only I could comprehend.

A day later, Elvira approved of the costume-made dress. I still wasn't informed why I had to wear them. What was the occasion for it?

Despite me being her prisoner, she clothed me in fine clothes and shoes of the highest quality. I suppose it's thanks to her reputation. Nobody knows she kidnapped me and made me immortal. They only know I'm her 'great friend' who came to live here. I'm curious what they all think of her, and where are the king and queen?

Suddenly, the door to my room burst open, and it was no one else but Elvira herself. She does this every time, so it doesn't amaze me anymore.

I stopped admiring the velvet-red dress and hid in the corner of the room. She walked slowly toward me as if she were a hunter and I were the prey. Her long, clawed hands gripped my shoulders and shoved me against the wall.

"Today is an important day, my dear. So, be as perfect as you can be." She softly said, and let go of my shoulders. "Oh, and wear your hair up." She added and left the room in a blink of an eye.

Our conversations are not really conversations. She usually just commands me to do something, like yesterday when I had to cut her hair short again because it grew long in a few days. I always obey her. I'm scared that if I don't, she will make me do something much worse than cutting her hair.

Shortly after, the door opened, and the terrified girl who had come to measure me stood on the threshold once more. This time she had hair accessories in her hands and a less petrified look.

"I promise you, I won't hurt you." I declared and took a seat in the wooden chair.

She closed the door and set everything she had planned to use to decorate my head on the table in front of me.

"What kind of hairstyle do you wish for?" She asked with the lightest smile. Her ebony brown hair was tied to the back with a black ribbon. She wore a white knit sweater with dark blue jeans. Very human-like outfit.

"A simple updo will do," I replied softly. I couldn't see my reflection in front of me because the shattered mirror was further away from the table, except I knew that no matter how much I stared at myself, I could not recognize this new face of mine.

I also thought about what Darcia thought of me when she found out what happened. Will she still like me this way? Even I am having difficulty adjusting to my new physique and face. So how does she do it? I won't smell or speak the same way again I am unrecognizable.

"Your hair is finished." The girl announced.

I rose from the chair and walked to the shattered mirror hanging on the wall. I stared at myself through the broken pieces. I traced the outline of my face, trying to recognize the person I had once been. I felt lost, as if I had no identity left. I was an empty shell, devoid of any emotion. The shards of glass had rearranged my features, distorting them in a way that was both frightening and strange.

"Should I help you to get dressed?" The girl suddenly asked. I turned to face her and lightly nodded.

"What's your name?" I wondered as she tied the back of my dress.