❘𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐲'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯

I was having a class when all of a sudden Mr. Elwood interrupted it. He indicated that he wanted to talk to me by moving his head to the side. I know how much he cares about Tali. She is very important to him, but I never liked him.

Maybe because I knew somewhere deep down he would one day separate us.

"Miss Stacey, can you come with me into my office? There's a matter I need to discuss with you privately," he whispered to me.

"Sure." We walked up the stairs into his office, and I sat down in the chair.

"I know how close you are to Miss Talia, and I'm so sorry to tell you this, but this morning she got adopted. I know it's sudden, but it's time for her to leave."

I grabbed the handles of the chair so tightly that my hands were on fire. My eyes have already welled up. This one sentence ruined my day and my plans for the future. I never thought I would go through this pain again. The pain of losing someone.

I am so selfish; I only think about my comfort. It never occurred to me that someone would adopt her. I know deep down she needs to let go of me and finally be happy. I remember the days she cried her heart out when no one wanted her.

She says she only needs me as her family and that I am good enough for her. I want to believe that, but the truth is different. Every teenager needs a family and a home. Maybe I felt a bit jealous too.

"You need to tell her she needs to let go of you; otherwise it's going to be more difficult for her to leave. I want her to have a proper home, and if she stays here, it's never going to happen." The corners of his eyes crinkled.

She suffered so much. I can't give up her happiness for mine. Mother's love is what she deserves the most, and I could never give her that. I can protest about it all I want, but there's nothing I can do. I have no voice in this.

My expression dulled. "She deserves to have a good and healthy family." My eyes swam with tears.

"Don't worry, Miss Stacey; the woman seems like a nice person." He walked out to me and put his hand on my arm.

I need to hide my selfishness for her happiness because, deep down, I wish it would happen to me too.

After I calmed down, he explained to me that even though the adoption process takes a long time. He has a lot of contacts that can shorten the process. From six months into even two days. I'm sure he paid someone for this to be possible. I saw guilt on his face. That's why I always had respect for him. He isn't someone you can mess with. That woman wanted to leave and he stopped her.

I don't know if what he did was legal, but I didn't even try to ask. He knows that no one else will adopt her, which is why he made such a quick decision. I don't blame him nor am I mad at him.

He was right; she deserves every little thing after what she has been through. The woman who adopted her must be someone worthy; he would never put Talia in the hands of someone who wasn't.

I didn't even mention the stalker that she had. If he knew about it he'd probably be extremely furious that we didn't tell him sooner. Talia is like a daughter to him. He always tried to protect her from everything.

But after she knows about this he will completely lose her.