𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟎 ❘𝐒𝐮𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐭

Nicoli's pov

My eyes adjust to the luminous room as I enter the old white door. Everything looked pretty plain and simple. With the exception of the decorations that made it a bit cozier.

A girl with blond hair brushed into a low bun was looking out of the small, cracked window that was open. The two strands of hair in front were blowing against her face as it was windy.

While leaned against the window sill, she held her fist to support her head. Her toes were on the tips of them because she was too small to reach the window.

Suddenly, the floor cracked, and she turned around. Those ocean eyes are looking at me. I felt like I had melted into the floor. I was speechless at her beauty. Yet there was more to it than just her face. Something about her was magical.

A furrow appeared between her eyebrows, and her arms were locked together. The speed of her heart got a bit by a bit faster. Then I realized she was afraid of me.

I forgot that I am not a human being. I am a monster. How could she find me appealing? A monster who would kill for her blood. Sucking every drop of her blood out of her system.

"W-Who are you? What are y-you doing in my room?" She stuttered.

I controlled my crazy emotions to not show my red eyes in front of her. Those sweet eyes can't hate me.

You should at least like me for one percent.

"I'm here to deliver a message from Talia." I confidently said and cleared my throat.

She let go of her guard and looked at me more softly than before. I did not dare to take another step forward. I would rather keep my distance for her safety. Every day I am in the same house as Talia, but I got used to her smell, and I don't want her blood.

This girl does not smell the same. She has the sweetest scent you could ever imagine. For humans, I suppose marshmallows. Though there's more than sweetness to it. Lavender is surrounding her too.

"Tali? My sister?!" She said with her eyes out. Suddenly, she sighed and took quick steps toward me. I moved backward; however, the door stopped me right away.

Her dead stare surprised me. The fire behind those blue eyes. Dangerous even so.

"Where is she?" She asked in a serious tone. I blinked multiple times, avoiding her look. Then she placed her hands on my chest and shoved me against the door.

I couldn't help but stare at those lips. She was incredibly cute. I wanted to let my laughter escape, yet I couldn't take away the power she felt over me at that moment.

"Talia is doing well, Miss. Her massage was, 'Please tell her I'm doing great and that she has nothing to worry about.'

She looked away, as she was busy thinking about it. "Is that all she said?" She asked with one eyebrow raised.

"Yes, Miss. She wishes you could visit her after you leave this place." I think Darcia was ready to kill me from the other side of the door when she heard this. She doesn't like Stacey one bit. Do you have an idea why?

"Ohh, I don't know who you are to her, and I frankly don't care. Just let her know I miss her incredibly, and I can't wait to be reunited again." She softly said, peering into my eyes.

I nodded and gave her a quick smile. Her hands finally moved away from my chest, yet her warmth was missed, leaving my body cold again. I knew Darcia would be against Stacey coming into our house, although I know deep down that bringing Stacey there is the right thing to do for Talia. I care about her. I never cared about a human being apart from my past lover.