Chapter 37

"Thank you so much for letting me see the beauty of Coron, V."

Muli akong ngumiti at tumango. Kanina pa siya nagpapasalamat sa akin magmula nang tinutulungan ko siya mag-pack ng mga gamit niya, sa flight going back to Manila, sa condo unit niya habang kinukuha namin ang mga naiwan niyang gamit, hanggang dito sa airport para ihatid siya sa flight niya going back to Amsterdam.

She's wearing a maxi dress to help her move with ease during the flight. She paired it with platform shoes and a blazer to keep her warm inside the chilly cabin. The sunglasses she's wearing is blocking her eyes from my sight but she made it convenient for me to see her eyes before she leaves when she took them off.

She stared into my eyes and bit her lower lip. She looks constipated so I had to stifle a laugh.

"I'll miss you..." she whispered as she started to cry.

Hindi ko na napigilan at kaagad akong tumawa dahil sa biglaan niyang pag-iyak. Nang sinamaan niya ako ng tingin, doon lang ako lumapit sa kaniya. While chuckling, I cupped her face and dried her tears. 

"I'll surely miss you, too, K," I said in a sweet tone and kissed her cheek. 

"We will see each other in a year, right? You'll come back to Amsterdam, right?" she asked so I smiled and nodded. "I'll come back here, too. Tour me in every province that you love!"

"I will."

"Give me a hug!"

I chuckled and pulled her closer to me. I placed my arms around her waist and hug her tightly. When I felt her squeeze me, as if she was so gigil to me, I chuckled once again.

"I'll miss you, Vivienne. Really. I miss you already even if you're just hugging me right now."

I slightly pulled myself back so that I could see her face. Good thing, she's not crying anymore. Paniguradong masisira na ang makeup niya kung iiyak siya ulit. And I know how she hates ruining her makeup.

"We'll see each other naman. We'll also do video chat anytime you want. We'll communicate, I promise," I assured her.

"But it's still different if I'm seeing you physically!"

I rolled my eyes. Para siyang batang nagt-tantrums e kapag magkasama naman kami lagi niya lang akong dino-dogshow!

"You're getting so clingy!"

"Because I know you'll get busy for the months to come! You already have your boyfriend! How 'bout me, your hot single friend?" She rolled her eyes and fixed her imaginary bangs.

"As far as I know, Engineer Costanilla is single, too." I smiled wickedly and leaned over her to whisper, "And he's also hot."

"Ew! Yuck! Never! Over my dead gorgeous body!"

I chuckled. She's denying it even if it's obvious that she's feeling kilig. Mas lalo kayang namula ang mga pisngi niya. And the way she reacts, I know something is odd.

"You'd better go na. You'll be late on your flight."

"Okay."

She breathed in deeply as she wiped the excess tears on her cheeks.

She looked directly into my eyes and said, "Take care of yourself, Vivienne, okay? You'd better fulfill your promise to give me a call every time life happens. Give me updates, I don't care how busy I will be... just update me about your life or when you just want someone to talk to. I know you'll be okay because he's with you..."

Nginuso niya si Liam na nasa likod ko bago nagpatuloy.

"... I just want to make sure you're doing good. I don't want to see you in that state again. Do you understand, Vivienne?"