Chapter 05

After almost an hour, I smiled as I hold the portrait up.

Finally, tapos ko na itong portrait na ginawa ko para kay Liam.

I actually don't have any plan of showing it to him but the friendship he offers makes me enthusiastic. Kaya ibibigay ko as a random gift.

Even if he's two years older than me, we already became that close because he's congenial and great to be with. Whenever he's here, I feel like I'm not alone.

And it feels so great, to know that there's someone out there who appreciates your existence.

Lumabas ako ng room ko at naglakad papunta sa room niya kahit hindi ako sigurado kung naroon ba siya.

These past few weeks, especially since the class started, he's always out of the house. It's only a matter of days when we could eat breakfast together and talk about something randomly.

It isn't like I'm demanding for his time, it's just that I really don't have someone to talk to aside from Pascal. Sina Ate Nory kasi ay abala sapaghahanda para sa party na gaganapin sa susunod na buwan. It's a huge ball for my 16th birthday that's why they're settling everything ngayon pa lang.

I knocked on his door and waited for a few seconds before I saw him rubbing his eyes with tousled hair. He just woke up like that, a paragon of perfection.

"Uhm, did I wake you up?" nag-aalalang tanong ko.

Humalakhak siya at ipinilig ang ulo sa loob. "Do you want to get in?"

"No. I'll just come back later. You should continue resting."

"It's okay," he softly said in a husky voice. "Get in."

When I get inside, I saw how neat and organized his room is. It's masculine and dark, succulently cozy in a mix of white, gray, and blue. A huge squashy couch is in the heart of the room, sitting comfortably with royalty in front of a gigantic flat-screen TV.

I smiled. His favorite color must be blue, just like his ocean eyes.

I hugged the portrait against my chest and wander my eyes on the other side of the large room. By the window is his study table with a lamp and a pile of papers and books. On its side is a drafting table with t-square, different sizes of rulers, pencils, and rolled papers like plates.

Mukhang super smart ni Liam. Because aside from his table full of working plates, there's also a bookcase lining on the farthest corner of the wall. And a guitar. And a lot of picture frames with minimalist designs.

And the most amazing of all is the collection of old vintage cameras.

"Can I touch one of them?"

Tumango siya kaya nakangiti kong inabot ang isa at hinaplos iyon.

"This is awesome."

This is the very first time I saw a vintage camera. Kaya ganito ako namamangha. I actually wanted to have one but I can't ask dad for it. He's not into this kind of stuff and he probably thinks that I also shouldn't be interested in this, too.

Gayunpaman, kontento na ako sa mga polaroid na ibinigay sa akin ni Kuya Hans. Noong nandito pa siya, lagi niya akong sinusuportahan sa lahat, maging ang pagmamahal ko sa sining at literatura.

"I have a passion for collecting instant films and old cameras. It's a very small collection, but it's growing," ani Liam.

Hinarap ko siya dahilan upang magtama ang mga mata namin.