Chapter 2: Like anyone would invite you

In my time of dying 2

Alexis left her old house and went to see Missouri. The two talked, but Missouri couldn't tell her anything she didn't already know. Missouri did tell her that she had a feeling thing's were going to get bad for Alexis soon.

Now, she walks into the hospital and towards John's room, knowing that probably where Sam was. She saw glass shattered on the floor and a puddle of water. She rolls her eyes. "Really?" She asks. Then she could've sworn she saw a blurry Dean drop to his knees.

"Oh, god." She mutters, dropping the books on the foot of John's bed and taking off down the hall toward Dean's room.

"Alex, what is it?" Sam asks, running after her.

The two stand in the doorway, tears in their eyes as they watch the doctors try to bring Dean back.

"Clear." They would yell every once in a while. Alexis wasn't really listening, she couldn't hear anything else as she prays Dean makes it.

Then she saw something hovering over Deans body. She felt something brush her shoulder and she looks over. She saw Dean rush to his body and start to fight the spirit thing above him. Then the thing turned to the door and left.

"Holy shit." Alexis mutters in disbelief.

"We have a pulse. We're back in sinus rhythm." A nurse says.

Sam and Alexis sigh in relief.

"Sam, we need to talk." Alexis grabs his arm and drags him down the hall.

~~~

"Sam, I saw him. I saw this ghost...thing over his body. It was killing him, but Dean stopped it." Alexis crosses her arms over her chest.

"I think you might be right. The cup just flew of the table earlier. So, you can see him, and hear him?"

"Sometimes. But when I can't, I feel his presence. Like, he's not here right now. At all. He must be somewhere else in the hospital."

~~~

Sam and Alexis stood outside the doorway of Deans room, starring at him. Making sure he didn't almost die again. Alexis sighs when she feels Dean's presences.

"He's here." She mutters.

"I'm....going....anywhere." She heard some of what Dean was saying.

"Dean...?" She calls out quietly.

"Lexi, you can hear me?" Dean asks. She didn't hear him that time. "Can you see me?" He moves to stand in front of her. She felt something warm on her upper arm.

Alexis heard one more thing before Dean's presence disappeared. "I can kill it."

~~~

"What do you mean you 'felt something'?" John asks both Sam and Alexis.

"I mean it felt like--like Dean." Sam shrugs. "Like he was there, just out of eye-shot or something. I don't know if its my psychic thing or what. But do you think its possible? Do you think his spirit could be around."

Alexis paces the floor at the foot of the bed. "Are you people not listening? I can hear him. I can see him. I seen him. He's here."

"Anything's possible." John nods his head.

"No shit Sherlock." Alexis taps her fingers against her thigh.

"Well, there's one way to find out." Sam says. Alexis walks out the door as Sam starts that way too. She heard John call out to Sam, but she kept walking. She would meet Sam at the car.