Chapter 49: Our big break

Hollywood Babylon 1

"First opened in 1972, the lot has been in continuous operation for eight decades." The guide says.

"Hey, you know this is where they filmed Creepshow?" Dean asks the little boy that sat beside him.

"I don't think he cares." Alexis pats Deans knees.

"Now to the right is Stars Hollow. Its the setting for the television series Gilmore Girls. And if we're lucky we might even catch one of the shows stars."

"Come on." Sam looks at Dean and Alexis.

"Let's finish the tour." Dean says.

"Come on." Alexis grabs his arm.

~~~

"Sam, check it out, its Matt Damon." Dean points to the left.

"Yeah, pretty sure that's not Matt Damon."

"No, it is."

"Well, Matt Damon just picked up a broom and started sweeping."

"This is exactly why we don't like to take you places." Alexis scoffs. "You suck the fun out of it."

"Yeah, well, he's probably researching for a role or something." Dean looks at Sam.

"Uh, I don't think so. Hey, this way. Uh, I think Stage 9's this way."

"Come on, man. Lets keep going this way."

"No, come on, we gotta work."

Dean sighs and Alexis groans.

"That's all we do. Work." Alexis complains.

"You two wanted to come to L.A." Sam shrugs.

"Yeah, for vacation. I mean, swimming pools and movie stars. Not to work."

"Exactly." Alexis nods.

"Does this seem like swimming pool weather to you, Dean?" Sam asks, referring to the cold rain that was drizzling. "I mean, its practically Canadian."

"Yeah. I just figured with everything that happened with....Madison, you could use a little R and R." Dean tells him.

"Which is a great idea, that Sam cannot see." Alexis shoves her hands in her pockets.

"Well, maybe I wanna work. It keeps my mind off things."

"Okay. Okay. Alright. So this crew guy, what did he--? He died on set?" Dean asks.

"Uh, yeah. Rumors spreading like wildfire online. They're saying the sets haunted."

"What, like Poltergeist?" Dean questions.

"Awesome." Alexis chuckles.

"Could be a poltergeist." Sam nods.

Alexis shakes her head. "That's not what we meant."

"No, no, no. The movie Poltergeist." Dean corrects him. "You know nothing of your cultural heritage, do you? It was rumored that the set of Poltergeist was cursed. That they used real human bones as, uh, props. Like, at least three actors died in it."