Chapter 33: Go do our SpongeBob seance

House of the holy 3

The three hunters kneel in from of the plaque, starring at the vines growing over it.

"It looks like--" Sam starts.

"Its wormwood." Dean cuts him off. "Plant associated with the dead. Specifically, the ones that are not at rest."

"And its not growing anywhere else, but here. On the murdered priests grave." Alexis adds.

"Its him, Sam."

"Maybe."

"Maybe?"

"Dean, I don't know what to think."

"Okay. You want some more proof? I'll give you more proof."

Sam chuckles. "How?"

"We'll summon Gregory's spirit."

"Sounds like a plan to me." Alexis smiles.

"What? Here? In the church?" Sam asks.

"Yeah." Dean stands, pulling Alexis up with him. "Yeah, we just need a few odds and ends and that seance ritual in dads journal."

"Oh, seance, great. Hope Whoopi's available." Sam remarks as the three walk to the door.

"That's funny, actually. Seriously. If Father Gregory's spirit is around the seance will bring him right to us." Dean says. "If its him, then we'll put him to rest."

"But if its an Angel, it won't show. Nothing'll happen."

"Exactly. Its one of the perks of the job. We don't have to operate on faith. We can know for sure. Don't you wanna know for sure?"

~~~

"Dude, alright, I'll admit it, we've gone pretty ghetto with spell work before, but this takes the cake." Sam says as the three walk out of the convenience store. "I mean, a SpongeBob placemat instead of a alter cloth?"

"Do you have an alter cloth?" Alexis asks. "No, you don't. So SpongeBob it is."

"We'll just put it SpongeBob side down." Dean shrugs. He and Alexis continue walking until Sam calls out.

"Guys, that's it."

"What?" The two ask, looking back at Sam.

"That's the sign." Sam points to a man standing on the sidewalk across the street.

"Where?" Dean asks.

"Right there. Right behind that guy. That's him. We have to stop him."

The guy crosses the street and Sam starts to walk toward him.

"Wait a minute." Dean grabs Sams arm, stopping him.

"What are you doing? Let me go."

"You're not gonna kill somebody because a ghost told you to. Are you insane?"

"I'm not insane. I'm not gonna kill him, I'm gonna stop him."