Chapter 29: You were smarter than that

Nightshifter 2

Alexis lost track of time, she wasn't sure how long they had been sitting here. Starring at these boring people. She blinks, trying to stay awake.

"Well, looks like Mr. Okey-dokey...is okey-dokey." Dean says when they get a clear shot of the security guard.

"You're an idiot." Alexis mutters as she rests her head in the crook of his neck.

"A idiot than can easily make you sit on the floor. If I were you I'd be nice to me."

"You'd never."

Vivian, who was standing in the corner, whispers, "I wish you would make her sit in the floor."

"Maybe we jumped the gun on this. We don't even know its here." Sam looks over at the two. "Maybe we should just go back to the sewers."

"Yeah, I don't think you should go back in the sewers." Vivian speaks up.

"I agree." Alexis nods.

"Wait a minute." Dean leans forward slightly. A man turns, his eyes flaring as he glances at the camera. "Hello, freak."

"Got him."

Sam stands and Alexis follows his lead. Dean goes to stand but something catches his eye.

"Sam. Lexi."

"What?" The two ask, turning to face him. Alexis looks to the screen where Dean was looking. Ronald was locking the doors to the bank.

"Hello, Ronald." Dean says.

~~~

"And you said we shouldn't bring guns." Dean glances at Sam as they walk down the hall, toward the lobby of the bank.

"Good thing I didn't listen." Alexis reaching into the pocket and pulls out her gun. Footsteps were coming toward them so she shoves it back in her overalls.

"I didn't know this was gonna happen." Sam shrugs.

"I'll do the talking. I don't think he likes you."

"Why would he? Sam was being an asshole." Alexis shrugs. "I mean, yeah, I get the whole keep him in the dark thing, but you didn't have to be a bitch about it."

~~~

"So, nobody's leaving, you understand?" Alexis hears Ronald say as they round the corner.

"Hey, buddy." Dean calls out as the four slowly make their way toward Ronald. "Now, why don't you calm down. Just calm down."

"What the--?" Ronald starts. "You." He yells, "Get on the floor now."

"Okay, we're doing that." Dean nods as the hunters drop to their knees. "Just don't shoot anybody. Especially us."

"I knew it. As soon as you three left. You ain't FBI. Who are you?" Ronald questions. "Who are you working for, huh? The Men in Black?"

Sam scoffs.

"You working for the mandroid?"

"We're not for the mandroid." Sam states.

"What the fuck is a mandroid?" Vivian asks Alexis, leaning toward her.

"Half robot half human, kinda like a shifter, but, you know, a robot."

"You shut up! I ain't talking to you, I don't like you." Ronald yells at Sam.

Alexis bites back a laugh as Dean gives his brother a look.

Back to the shadows | Dean Winchester [2]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara